Tom Tom traffic on sat nav

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
srperry

Post by srperry »

I've had TomTom satnav on my last three cars (including current - and in 8 years it's only been unavailable once.

My assumption is that your dealer is talking BS. When you say it's not working, do you mean the SatNav is offline (i.e. no TomTom logo in bottom right-hand corner)? Or does it not work at all?
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience

C-3PO

Post by C-3PO »

Its activated... the satnav always works just the Tom,tom Logo most of the time is missing so no speed camera alerts etc...

the car is in a poor data area for some providers though...
C3 Aircross shine plus 22 white black roof 130 eat...
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Like I mentioned previously, service coverage depends a lot on where you live and what the mobile data network is like. Sometimes it will reconnect when out for a spin in a better coverage area. - Having said that, make sure you also have the speed camera / danger zones switched on in the preferences / POIs as they can easily be deactivated after a map or firmware update. This has happened a few times.
ChrisnPat

Post by ChrisnPat »

Hi, new to the forum, we have a 22 plate Aircross, bought new in March last year. We too had problems with the TomTom services. I contacted Citroen via Facebook, they replied within a day. They gave me some instructions about deleting Profiles via the touchscreen, seemed to work for a week or so. Very frustrating not having the traffic updates etc , Contacted them again via the Facebook link, no reply . In the meantime I discovered that Peugeot owners are having a similar problem. .... However, a recent software/firmware update I've now installed via the Citroen app on my computer, via the USB port in the car, ...IT WORKSπŸ‘πŸ‘...every time. I have also installed the latest map updates. Everything working as it should do. The updates were added at the beginning of April 2023. Highly recommend you try them. Good luck🀞🀞
C3 Aircross Shine Plus. 22 plate. Cumulus Grey
ozborn

Post by ozborn »

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I have had issues with my 2022 Aircross' internet connection pretty much since I bought the car. The missing TomTom logo in the navigation system was the indication that the car had not connected to the internet. This was almost every time I used it. I had loads of interaction with Citroen, the dealership and tried all sorts. Nothing worked so waited for a potential fix. And just as ChrisnPat has said, the recent touch screen update has fixed the connection problem. The car now connects to the internet every time. This not only means that I get live traffic information, but that my Telemaintenance is now worthwhile and the SOS and Assistance services work (if I every need them).
If you are having trouble with your car's internet connection, like ChrisnPat has said, download and install the latest touch screen firmware. It is sure to fix the issue for you, as it has for us.
Jay
C3 Aircross 1.2 PureTech 130 EAT6 Shine Plus White - 2022
Sight & Sound Pack
Park Assist Pack w/ Blind Spot monitoring
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

ChrisnPat wrote: ↑Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:55 am The updates were added at the beginning of April 2023. Highly recommend you try them. Good luck🀞🀞
They weren't added in April - you just didn't update until now. I've already mentioned this in your other duplicated post and am repeating it here so as people are not misled into thinking there are April updates for the Maps for the Wave 4 unit. They were released in February 2023....

You all need to remember to check for updates regularly as these are intended to fix previous bugs.