C5 Aircross Screen Updates...

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I use USB 3.* sticks all the time for my updates, but beware if you have an old USB that has been used frequently for data writing - they do ultimately fail when the cells can no longer be written to.

jgriff65

Post by jgriff65 »

I tried 2 sticks one nearly new and one brand new, both SanDisk USB v3.0, however I finally got it to work by creating them in a USB 2 port. Doesn't make sense but I have them, I'm just a little nervous now of putting them in. BTW, the manual says the engine must be running but I have a PHEV, does this mean the car is in READY mode under electric power? If it means the ICE running can you force this to stay on?
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes, the engine on these Hybrids start in 'Electric' mode by default, but It is possible to change the driving mode at any time using the mode selector. So just make sure it is in the correct mode and I would also suggest turning off Stop Start from the vehicle menu once the engine is running to avoid the engine stopping.
jgriff65

Post by jgriff65 »

There is no driving mode on mine for ICE only but strangely I didn't need it. For the only time since I've had it when I started in hybrid mode the ICE kicked in, so I stuck the USB in and the engine kept running. Not sure if this means it detects an update in progress and keeps the engine on but that is in fact what happened. I didn't even disable the stop/start. The screen update took about 25 mins and the maps around 30 mins from a USB 3.0 stick although I only loaded 6 countries, can't see me travelling to Russia in the near future for example. Pleased I managed to do it without bricking the system, thanks for your help.
msaladin

Post by msaladin »

I own a Citroën C5 manufactured in 2021. The Android Play feature was disabled by the manufacturer for safety reasons, as stated by them. However, now in 2023, the feature has been reactivated. How can I update the software of my car?
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

If there are any software updates available the My Citroen App will tell you.