New C3 Aircross settings not saving.?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
jaycr123

Post by jaycr123 »

Just got my replacement part fitted today and all good. After almost a year of fiddling with the settings every time I got in the car it's so good to have your chosen settings saved. I wouldn't have known this was a fault without reading this forum so thanks to all the contributors who provided the "ammo" in my fight with my Citroen dealer.

Tommo

Post by Tommo »

About 7 weeks ago i contacted Citroen Sheffield to explain that Citroen had indeed accepted that faulty units had been installed and that there was an internal update on the website. They had no idea what i was talking about and said they would look into it and be in touch.
They did indeed phone me back and confirmed that there is indeed an internal update stating ALL TOUCHSCREENS ARE TO BE REPLACED. I have since had a call from them informing me that the part has arrived and arranged replacement.
2022 Citroën C3 Aircross SUV
Shine Plus • PureTech 130 S&S Automatic in Khaki Grey.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

It's only the specific touchscreens for the facelifted C3 Aircross between the build dates specified Tommo. Earlier models have not been affected at all. See my earlier post regarding the technical service bulletin I mentioned:

viewtopic.php?p=6986#p6986
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Hi Juan, i collected my car March 22 so i'm assuming mine falls within those build dates, if it's ok with you i will pm you my vin number?.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Sure thing
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Tommo wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:09 pm Hi Juan, i collected my car March 22 so i'm assuming mine falls within those build dates, if it's ok with you i will pm you my vin number?.
Ok, so I checked with your VIN Tommo and as it happens your build date is the exact start date of the issue!

So your build date is 16520 and the build date of the affected vehicles is from RPO 16520 to 16779, so yes you have the affected Multi function touchscreen. Citroen will test it to see if the settings revert back to 21 ℃. I assume they have already done this though as they've ordered you one.
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Juan, thanks very much for checking those dates, i was assuming that with them saying they were going to replace it because it has been failing to keep the settings since we got the car. Again thanks very much.
smudgebiscuit

Post by smudgebiscuit »

Hi, I’m quite exited that finally my car won’t keep blasting 21 degrees at me!! So how do I find out if mine can be replaced- is there somewhere you check the VIN number?
Thank you 😊
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

@ smudgebiscuit - Send me your VIN via Private Message and I can check if your vehicle is affected.
smudgebiscuit

Post by smudgebiscuit »

You’re fab! Just sent you a PM