New C3 Aircross settings not saving.?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

DavidDoc17 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:22 am I have just read the posts about citroen replacing screens to cure this issue.
Have I just saved Citroen a shed load of money? Damn
No you haven't!

It's a fault and if you're happy to bu**er about with all that malarkey to change your settings everytime then go ahead, but I certainly would not put up with it.

@Charper55: Glad you have pursued the issue and are now in the queue to get a new screen. There is a backlog as you can imagine this was not expected, but due to the number of complaints they had to do something and have no doubt got Continental to ramp up production with the new units, so may take a while as this affects ALL new C3 Aircross facelift models with this system produced globally.

TJS

Post by TJS »

I've just bought my 2022 Citroen c3 aircross shine last week. It too has the Aircon settings not saving. I knew it was on a recall for back axle check but never knew about this. Can I go to any citreon dealer as I purchased the car privately?. Thanks
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

The vehicle will still be under warranty (2 year manufacturer and 1 year dealership), so yes. Just make sure it has been serviced properly to date at the recommended intervals.
TJS

Post by TJS »

Been down to my local citreon today to book it in for the recalls. Back axle and he said DRLS aswell. Said about the screens being replaced. Said he'd never heard about it. Tried to fob me off. Told him about this forum and said "oh we don't take notice of forums". He will when I go back down with a print out of all the replies on here. Should be interesting.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Ok, so he obviously doesn't read Citroen's own technical service bulletins - and you can tell him that!

Tell him to check TSB Reference: C5HW015ZQ0 on ServiceBox:

VEHICLES AFFECTED: C3 AIRCROSS (A88) AND RIGHT HAND DRIVE AND AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING SINCE RPO 16520 UNTIL RPO 16779
CUSTOMER SYMPTOM: THE AIR CONDITIONING AUTOMATICALLY RETURNS TO 21°C AND THE "AUTOMATIC" POSITION
ORIGIN: MULTIFUNCTION SCREEN

If you have auto air con and your RPO (build date code) is between these above, then you are likely affected.

That's why we have Forums, - to keep an eye on the dealers to endure they do their job properly as they charge us enough for the privilege! With access to the same info they have they can't hide or feign ignorance.....

If you have an affected vehicle and he suddenly realises he is not holier than thou, please take a picture of his embarrassed face.
TJS

Post by TJS »

Went back armed with the information. Didn't seem happy when I gave him all the information he already knew. Recall done. Good back axle. New screen and nearside DRL on order. Result thanks to the information on this site. 👍
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

No worries, glad you have it all sorted. It's good when customers are armed with the info they need - so can't be fobbed off.
zampadamszz

Post by zampadamszz »

I can also confirm that the temperature / climate settings don't change with different profiles. So to clarify, with my current profile, if I change the climate from say 20 to 18, then switch profiles, the same temperature setting remains, regardless if I alter the temperature, then switch back to another profile.
download apk

teatv
Last edited by zampadamszz on Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes the system is not as advanced as fully automatic climate control like on the C5 X7 Exclusive with memorised electric seating, When switching between memory 1 and 2, the seat position, external rear view mirrors, and climate control settings revert to whatever they were at the time the settings were memorised.

The C3 Aircross doesn't have dual zone climate control either.