New C3 Aircross settings not saving.?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

That will be the Shunt fuse in the BSI. There are 2 modes 'Park' and 'Customer' modes. Park setting shuts off most electrical power consuming equipment (mainly comfort equipment) and is designed for long time storage for example when the car has left the factory and is being parked up awaiting order / transportation. The dealer has a pre-delivery inspection procedure that specifically tells them to ensure the battery is charged up and that the fuse is in the correct position. They obviously didn't complete tit properly!

This shouldn't have any impact on the climate setting defaulting to 21 degrees though - that's a software bug.

RedOne

Post by RedOne »

Hi. Just bought brand new 2022 C3 Aircross shine automatic. My climate control settings not saving. Any progress or updates on this issue? Should I report it to the dealer?
I've read through some posts going back to Aug 2022.

Also, not sure that other settings are saving but need to do more research.
Anyone know of good videos to take me around the display panel and it's features? My first ever car with a display and I'm kinda confused. It may be me or perhaps gremlins in the technology.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Did anyone ind that the climate issue is not a fault but some kind of fuel saving idea?
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

RedOne wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:13 pm Hi. Just bought brand new 2022 C3 Aircross shine automatic. My climate control settings not saving. Any progress or updates on this issue? Should I report it to the dealer?
I've read through some posts going back to Aug 2022.

Also, not sure that other settings are saving but need to do more research.
Anyone know of good videos to take me around the display panel and it's features? My first ever car with a display and I'm kinda confused. It may be me or perhaps gremlins in the technology.
There are plenty of Citroen videos if you google for them - they tend to be for each of the systems, so you need to be a bit specific. I've put some here, but don't know what optional equipment or features you have, so some may not be relevant...

As to the climate saving issue - I believe it is an issue as this will be the first modern vehicle I've ever had that does not save the last settings - a bit daft if you have to spend time setting everything back up every time you start the car. I can't see it as being anything other than a fault, bad programming, an oversight or common sense took a vacation.

Some examples:

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

OLDDJ wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:51 am
mozzy wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:17 pm I received my new C3 22 Aircross about a week ago, it works great but the only frustrating thing is, that every time I get back into the car, some settings that I have set don’t carry over, ie,.. my climate / heating module goes back to default every time I get back in the car, so I have to re set it all up how I like it every time, I’m not sure if this is the new standard or a fault,
Does this happen for anyone else.? And is there a fix.?
Cheers in Advance.!!
Hello i am a new member, and spotted the post regarding the Heating system on the C3 Aircross.
I can add information to this post as i was updated by Citroen recently 1st August 2022.
I took delivery of the Aircross Shine Plus Auto on the 7th April 2022.
I noticed the same issue the heating system always reverts to 21 degrees ,with the fan running a half speed but no air flow direction indicated.
I reported this and the car went in for repair, i then got told that it was a FAULT. And that they had a number of cars with the same issue. Therefore they replaced the ECU to one of the other cars however it didnt clear the fault, which by the way is impossible to live with.
After chasing this issue a number of times i was told by Citroen customer care at Robins and Day Birmingham North that it in fact is not a fault its optimum operation and that nothing further could be done.
Even after previously admitting it was a fault.
I was also told that a Retail customer on the first vehicle reported to them at this branch had rejected the car via Citroen head office. However they have refused to accept the customers request based upon them saying the car was working normally. Basically Citroen have changed the goal posts, and it looks like they expect the problem to go away.
My family have had 15 new Citroens all from the same dealer and the same sales person, however when mine arrived it also had a dent into the rear wheel arch , scuffs to the inside rear panels along with marks all over the dashboard.
Along with a cut to the steering wheel. This were all looked at however they were never rectified to my satisfaction and i am current attempting to get these looked at again.
It seems that no one cares about our loyalty any more.
The whole experience has left us pretty well unable to ever purchase a Citroen again. Bad Form.

Just an update on this.

There is a relatively new Technical Bulletin on this issue, however they seem to be limiting it to left hand drive vehicles between certain build dates! The TSB is entitled (translated from French):

SYSTEMATIC RETURN OF AIR CONDITIONING SETTING TO 21°C AND IN "AUTOMATIC" POSITION

FOR: C3 AIRCROSS (A88) AND LEFT-HAND DRIVE AND AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING FROM OPR 16520 UNTIL OPR 16779 This means build date from 31 January 2022 until 17 October 2022.

I'll put the content here for you:
1. ORIGIN
Multifunction screen.

2. AFTER-SALES INTERVENTION
Replacement of the multifunction screen.

2.1. Parts needed
1 Multifunction screen (reference PR 98574494ZD).

2.2. Preliminary operation
Set the air conditioning to a temperature other than 21°C and activate the
refrigeration. Wait for the vehicle to sleep.

2.3. Control
When the vehicle is started, check the air conditioning setting:
If the air conditioning has returned to 21°C in "Auto" mode without air conditioning: Carry out the intervention
If the air conditioning has remained at the initial setting: Do not apply this document

2.4. Intervention
C3 AIRCROSS (A88) AND AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING AND LEFT-HAND DRIVE
Replace the multifunction display .
Systematically replaced parts: None.
In addition, carrying out this intervention requires carrying out the following operations:
Respect the safety and cleanliness instructions
Disconnect the service battery
Reconnect the service battery

2.5. Intervention time
Billable time: 0.50H.
Transaction code: 9R04RP00.

3. SERIAL SOLUTION
From OPR number 16780: New factory multifunction display.
I find it odd that the same or similar issues seem to be happening here for members, yet there is no technical service bulletin for UK owners with Right Hand Drive.

Considering this is a faulty Touchscreen, I can't see what LHD / RHD has to do with it - except that the French are more likely to moan like hell about it!

So anyone still suffering with this after looking at the test above should contact their dealers and tell them why LHD owners are getting a new Touchscreen and not UK owners - get complaining! The TSB reference for your information above is: C5HW015ZQ0:.

Though don't be surprised if they say this doesn't show up because it will likely only show up with the VIN from a LHD between these build dates.

I think you all need to push this now that you have the TSB reference.

If you need a VIN for an affected LHD C3 Aircross between these build the dealer can use to check the TSB, then use this one: VF72CYHSMN4183505. They'll find the reference under the Heating and Air Conditioning Section, under DIAGNOSIS.

Good Luck.
davidP

Post by davidP »

I've been intrigued by this issue. I have looked at the owners handbook and I think "AUTO" defaults to 21C and medium airflow. If you switch "AUTO" off and set your own settings for temperature etc these will be retained even after switching the ignition off and then restarting the car. This is "the relevant section from the handbook... "AUTOMATIC COMFORT PROGRAMMEACTIVATION/DEACTIVATION
► Press button 5 to activate or deactivate the air conditioning system’s automatic mode. The air conditioning system operates automatically: the system optimises the temperature, air flow and air distribution in the passenger compartment based on the comfort level selected.
► Go to the secondary page by pressing button 7 to adjust the automatic comfort programme by choosing one of the available settings.
“Soft”: provides soft and quiet operation by limiting air flow.
“Normal”: offers the best compromise between a comfortable temperature and quiet operation (default setting).
“Fast”: provides strong and effective air flow.
► To change the settings, press the
button several times.
The setting is associated with AUTO mode only. However, when AUTO mode is deactivated, the previous selection is retained.
Changing the setting does not reactivate AUTO mode if this was deactivated.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Hi David, no that's not how it's supposed to operate. AUTO mode just maintains both the air distribution and air mixing to maintain the temperature as set by the driver.

Mine works properly in that if I set it to 18 degrees (or any other temperature) and put it on auto, it stays there AND more importantly, maintains this setting next time I start the vehicle. It also maintains the air flow settings chosen in the touchscreen.

Adjusting the temperature to any other level also results in the climate control maintaining this temperature as I would expect.
C-3PO

Post by C-3PO »

I have sent a form in to Citroen ref the a/c settings resetting to default 21 auto.

Its going to be a right pain in summer having to go into the panel every time to switch aircon on and lower the temp especially for my dad in his eighties

hopefully enough complain and something gets done...
C3 Aircross shine plus 22 white black roof 130 eat...
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

AS you can see from my detailed earlier post there is an intervention for this on left hand drive vehicles which involves replacement of the Touchscreen. I think the French complain more so they get a fix!
C-3PO

Post by C-3PO »

Hi Juan yes have mentioned this with a link to here in a message to Citroen.

My dealer mentioned they all do it/meant to do it we will see what hapens
C3 Aircross shine plus 22 white black roof 130 eat...