C3 Aircross 2019 - Headlights

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
garyswann

Post by garyswann »

Hi Guys,

Just looking for some advice, not sure if anyone else has tried something similar. I'll give a little back story to try and help too.

I've bought a C3 Aircross (Origins Model) and I want to change the Halogen headlights to LED bulbs. (links below) (I did this with my previous C4 and had no issues).

H7 - Headlight and Dip Beam - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
H8 Fog/Turning Light - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

I've managed to change the H7 main beam headlight no problem, the dipped beam is proving more of an issue because there isn't space at the back of the bulb for the additional room a LED bulb takes up (speaking to LED manufacture NOVSIGHT to see if anything can be done to improve the size of LED bulb and keep the power output)

However, the H8 fog light bulb is where i'm getting stuck, literally, it's stuck! by looking online, and at the replacement LED bulbs, there's 3 markers that would hold it into place, it should just be a case of twist and pull. I'd say i'm fairly strong buy if i put any more pressure on to try and turn that bulb, it's going to break... Am i doing something wrong?

Any help or advice is appreciated :-)

salserol

Post by salserol »

Hi.
I bought for a few days abrand new c3 aircross. I want also replace my halogen to led bulps. I ordered 2 pair h7 and 1 pair h8 . First off all i wanna start with h8 and remove first the h7 in the upper level to get more room to work in the bottom. I got the same isssue by removing the h8 bulp. I try to turn clockwise and another direction. I was scared to break anything and leave the h8 in their place. My second issue was with the main headlight ( outer side). There is no enough space to routing the led bulp in the hole. My leds are also a slim model with an 3 cm headsink on the back. My former car was an hyundai i10 and i replaced with the same brand led with h4 form factor. Is there a another user who have a pozitive experience with led bulbs. i know there shold be a solutions, because i saw a few aircros c3 with led headlights.
Peter100

Post by Peter100 »

Are they bright ? I have just bought one . I normally buy the extra bright ones as I do shifts and drive at stupid times of the day ( in the winter I never see the sun )
Bertiebus

Post by Bertiebus »

I'm with you Peter,
We fit the ultra bright/ 120% brighter bulbs,
Gives a great light output.

Not sure how you would stand with led bulbs unless a factory option come mot time,
They need to be e-marked to pass,
sandychc

Post by sandychc »

The original dipped beams are way to yellow. Are they easy to remove? Is there a video available anywhere?
sandychc

Post by sandychc »

Are the dipped beams H7?
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Beware the following before changing yuur bulbs
https://blog.motoringassist.com/news/fi ... Automotive.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
salserol

Post by salserol »

for dipper beams use please philips essential. this one is the typ with woven heatskin. also photon milesstone are passing
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Sorry realised previous post referred to h4 bulbs this may help.

www.powerbulbs.com/blog

www.autoexpress.co.uk › dangers-o...
Dangers of illegal HID headlight conversion kits explained | Auto Express
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey