C3 Aircross: revs when clutch pressed in?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
lucy72

C3 Aircross: revs when clutch pressed in?

Post by lucy72 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:44 am

Hello all,
Just wondering whether anyone has had any experience with revs occurring when the clutch is press down? And no I don't have the the mat stuck :D
We have had our C3 Aircross (82 Feel) for nearly 2 years. Surely the clutch shouldn't be going in such a short time? Just wondering whether it's a known fault or anyone has any advice before I get in touch with Citroen. We had our previous car (fiat punto) for 12 years and didn't have any trouble with the clutch in the whole time, so surely it's not our driving style. It does it going up and down gears, sometime just a bit and sometimes loads.
Any input/tips/thoughts would be hugely appreciated. Many thanks in advance. Cheers Lucy

JohnB

Re: C3 Aircross: revs when clutch pressed in?

Post by JohnB » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi Lucy, not sure if this helps but I remember coming across this last year when searching for reviews etc. (ours is an auto so can't comment, but haven't heard anything about it being a common problem)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/busi ... 3-12204158
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:05 pm

What do you mean by revving? On our C3, the revs rise slightly when you press the clutch. With the electronics fitted nowadays it is probably done to make driving easier and to reduce stalling.

lucy72

Post by lucy72 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:48 am

Hiya. Thanks JohnB for your reply, that makes for a very interesting read. Will do a bit more research on it. Cheers.

Thanks routemaster1for your reply. Well it seems to differ all the time. Sometimes a little rise but sometimes a surge that goes all the way to 4! This can happen changing up and down gears. Mmmmm... think I might have to check it into the garage for a review and see what they think. I've got a horrible feeling that Citroen will say 'wear and tear' and I'm seriously worried about getting a £1000 + bill. I'm really not happy about a clutch going after 14,000 miles. (If that's what it is) on a brand new car. Maybe I should go back to old bangers!

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:44 pm

Just a silly thought. As the cruise control does not switch off when you change gear, could it be that in a slow change the cruise tries to accelerate, but as the clutch is disengaged the revs rise. In the unlikely chance that this is the issue, it seems like a warranty job. I don't see how an issue like this ca be wear and tear.

Return to “Faults & Technical”