automatic headlights

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
mushroom

automatic headlights

Post by mushroom » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:09 am

had my c3 aircross for a few months now and discovered a fault with the automatic headlights ,driving in bright sunlight the lights come on for a few seconds then off this happens repeatedly .Has anybody else had this problem ? This could be a potential danger if it happens near a junction as another driver might think it is a signal to proceed.

shaznmark

Re: automatic headlights

Post by shaznmark » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:07 pm

Hi. My wife's C3 Aircross had exactly the same problem. The headlights will come on on a bright sunny day and either stay on for the rest of the journey or go on and off numerous times. The car has been back to the dealer twice but they seem to be either reluctant to find the problem or have no idea on how to cure it. It seems hard to make them even understand it is actually happening. I agree, the consequences of someone mus-interpruting you are flashing them could be dangerous. Citroen need to acknowledge the issue and find a solution before there is an accident.

mushroom

Re: automatic headlights

Post by mushroom » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:23 pm

thanks for the reply shaznmark .the service engineer took the car out and the problem occurred so they know the score ,they have ordered a new sensor so we'll see when fitted if ti cures things

Return to “Faults & Technical”