MyCitroen journey syncing

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Ianbhenderson73

MyCitroen journey syncing

Post by Ianbhenderson73 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:21 am

I plug my phone in pretty much every time I drive anywhere, but MyCitroen hasn’t downloaded any journeys from the car since Saturday 8th December.

Is there something I can do to force the journeys to be downloaded or is it something that only happens at preset intervals?

Jay R

Re: MyCitroen journey syncing

Post by Jay R » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 am

Yes, mine can be a bit temperamental like that though I'm not worried about it as I don't use the 'My journeys'. Possibly it may be something to do with having the app open (or at least running in the background) when you connect to your car. I don't think it works via the USB anyway, as mine updates over Bluetooth (when it decides to).
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.

Ianbhenderson73

Post by Ianbhenderson73 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:28 am

Jay R wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 am
Yes, mine can be a bit temperamental like that though I'm not worried about it as I don't use the 'My journeys'. Possibly it may be something to do with having the app open (or at least running in the background) when you connect to your car. I don't think it works via the USB anyway, as mine updates over Bluetooth (when it decides to).
To be honest, I'm only using mine because I can. I'd seen somewhere that the best way to sort it would be to delete and then reinstall the MyCitroen app. Having done this, I can see that the journeys are now coming through, albeit only the most recent ones. I'd also read somewhere that a pending software update can cause issues, and I'm still trying to find a memory stick that my car will read for the Screen update.

grahams

Post by grahams » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:03 pm

I had the same sync problem with My Citroen during the early part of December. Deleted the app from my iPhone SE, then reinstalled and re connected via Bluetooth. All previous data lost but did start syncing again. Seems slightly flaky as not all journeys are recorded, even those taken on the same day, i.e. 4 journeys one day, only two recorded.

Ensbury

Post by Ensbury » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:13 pm

I don’t get journey syncing if I plug into the usb socket and use
Carplay, however the car still stores all non synced journeys and loads them into the app if I don’t plug the phone in and use Carplay the next time I
drive the car. I read somewhere in the manual (Connect Nav page 17) that using carplay turns off Bluetooth which may be the reason the app doesn’t sync?

Return to “Main Citroen Aircross chat”