Park assist update for C5 aircross 2021

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
ahmed4040

Post by ahmed4040 »

Hello All,

I am from Egypt, our C5 air cross does not have park assist feature in car dashboard, however, some un official workshops is installing a firmware update to include park assist feature and it works fine.

can anybody help me by sending this update file to activate park assist feature in my car?

my car has hardware to activate park assist feature, i just need software file

VIN number is: VR7A45GYVML008620

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

So you have 12 parking sensors on your vehicle - 6 front and 6 rear?
You have Visio Park 2 installed?
You have the Correct Park Assistance ECU (they are NOT all the same)?

There is no such file that can be sent. Any options that have the correct supporting hardware must be coded using secure access (i.e. a dealer level tool like Diagbox) in internet connected mode with an account.
ahmed4040

Post by ahmed4040 »

Juan Sheet wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:24 pm So you have 12 parking sensors on your vehicle - 6 front and 6 rear?
You have Visio Park 2 installed?
You have the Correct Park Assistance ECU (they are NOT all the same)?

There is no such file that can be sent. Any options that have the correct supporting hardware must be coded using secure access (i.e. a dealer level tool like Diagbox) in internet connected mode with an account.
Thanks friend for your reply.

i have 4 sensors in front & 4 sensors at back, i dont know if Viso park 2 is installed or not, but i thnik it is installed as hardware since a lot of cars in my country has activated park assist already.

the point is one service center is doing this service "not Citroen agent" with high fees, that is why i think it could be installed on my car
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

No it cannot be installed without the correct equipment on your vehicle. You don't have the required hardware installed.

Semi Automatic Parking requires additional 4 sensors used for Blind Spot Monitoring contained on the 4 wheel arches. Yes I know that it is not the official dealer doing it as they will not do it without the correct equipment.

The vehicle cannot semi park without these additional sensors as it will not be able to measure parking distances to gauge whether the parking space is big enough for the vehicle to fit in - and will not be able to guide the vehicle in if it cannot detect the lateral objects on the left and right sides.

This is just more internet rubbish as usual. Save your money or get a car with it already fitted.