Wet belt

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
elofan

Post by elofan »

Hi guys , I have a 2018 (68 plate) c3 AIRCROSS 1.2 82 bhp flair model and as the vehicle has 48000 miles on the clock but coming up to 6 years old , I was wondering what owners have been charged for replacing the wet timing belt ?
My local Citroen garage has quoted £850 , this seems quite expensive ?
Or is this really the cost to change ?
Regards
Barry

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I'd certainly query that and what exactly they are doing for that price as from Citroen's own fixed price repairs here, that's appears to be well over what they are stating on their website:

https://www.citroen.co.uk/maintain/fixe ... pairs.html

They have listed the 1.2 Petrol timing belt kit operation specifically for £499.00 including Genuine Citroen parts, labour and VAT!
elofan

Post by elofan »

Thank you for reply juan , I gave them all my details and car details and for belt and oil £800 filter change would be extra , I was thinking the same as you about Citroen fixed price being about £500 , I do know they charge £138 hr labour rates but £850 seems extortionate ?
Barry
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes but if you look at the link the price for the timing belt kit includes VAT and labour.....

If I were you I'd leave the oil change until it is due its next service which is annually or at the specified mileage - whichever is soonest, or you'll be paying twice.
martyness

Post by martyness »

I've found sometimes you have to be very careful and quote Citroen's fixed price costs to the dealer as if you don't they'll charge you a higher price as they assume you don't know.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts
elofan

Post by elofan »

Hi tried that guys , rang around local Citroen garages , 4 in fact and prices range from £800 to £1400 and when questioned on fixed price repair page I was told that you had to opt in to the fixed price repairs scheme and the dealers I rang decided to opt out ?????
elofan

Post by elofan »

Hi juan do they not need to flush oil out before replacing belt ??
Jasper63

Post by Jasper63 »

My daughter has a citroen c3 1.2 82 bhp 2016 which is the same engine she is not in any fixed price scheme and it was charged last year at citroen dealer for just short of 500 pounds
martyness

Post by martyness »

Just read the small print on Citroens website and right enough it's only at participating retailers. That doesn't sit right with me but hey.

Your best bet is to find a dealer near enough to you that will fix it for the fixed price repair as it's a chunk cheeper than what you're being quoted by your locals.

Best bet is to check their website for any mention of fixed price repairs or servicing as if the dealer is advertising it on there then you've got the upper hand as they'll have to honour the advertised price.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes, you need to speak to Citroen Head Office and I'd be asking them to provide a dealer who is honouring those prices, otherwise it's false advertising and start throwing advertising standards at them.