Brake fluid change

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Just had a 4 year service done this week but today i recieved an email that my brake fluid needed changing, so i assume it is not covered on my extended warranty.
Is there a specific type of fluid required so i can change locally.
Thanks
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Not sure I'm understanding this.

A brake fluid change is required every 2 years and is undertaken by the dealership servicing. Your vehicle should be serviced annually even if you are not doing the stated mileage (it's one or the other). So I fail to see why it has not been changed if you have it dealer-serviced?

If you don't use a dealership to have your car serviced, then I'm afraid it's a lottery as it may mean that your non-dealership garage may not be servicing your car to the required manufacturer's recommendations and servicing schedule, in which case your extended warranty would be pretty much worthless, as it is a condition of the warranty that your vehicle is maintained to the correct schedules and recommendations.

If you are having it serviced elsewhere, then Citroen may be aware you have not serviced the vehicle with them and are reminding you that it is due for a change. So I'd be a bit careful here about how and what is being done at your garage servicing.... it's not just about oil changes, and in your case with this engine, ther eare other checks that need to be made concerning the wet timing belt condition at every service.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Thanks Juan, just to calarify i have had a warranty (due to cam belt issues) and now extended warranty to cover servicing which i had done last week. The dealership caried out service but contacted me on w/end to state that brake fluid requires change (why they didn't ask last week i am not sure).
I have since found out the brake fluid change is not part of warranty/service and is £75.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Ok, so you have a service contract, which now makes sense as opposed to an extended warranty which is something else (although you may have extended warranty separately) - as you can see brake fluid changes are exempt:
Why worry about needing to budget for your next service? We can help, with a Citroën Fixed Price ServiceCare Plan:
  • Flexible to suit your needs
  • Locked-in price for the duration of your plan
  • Make budgeting easier with affordable monthly payments
Brake Fluid Change and MOTs are available as an additional cost

At least they reminded you, which is good.

My brake fluid is done at the relevant service.

It's a bit naughty though, not including everything in a service plan....
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Contacted dealer they state messages about brake fluid change required are sent by Citroen not dealership so ignore it. Still don't know if its been done under my extended warranty. doh..
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Airtool wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:12 am Contacted dealer they state messages about brake fluid change required are sent by Citroen not dealership so ignore it. Still don't know if its been done under my extended warranty. doh..
It won't be done under warranty, as there is no fault and it is a normal service item, like oil change and oil filter. It is probably not covered by a service plan either.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Always check your service invoice to see. It should be done every other year.