Disable lane departure warning

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
mikemc

Post by mikemc »

I've had my new C3 Aircross Ripcurl for ~8 months now, and am very happy with its performance.
The one thing which annoys me is it is not possible to permanantely switch off the LDW alarm without having to hold in the button for 4 seconds every time you start the car. This sounds a bit petty, but, living in a rural area, when on a winding country road with no other traffic visible for miles, I will sometimes 'straighten out' the drive!
If I was doing long drives on motorways late at night, it might be useful, but I don't want it!
Does anybody know of any trick that will keep the LDW off until I decide to turn it on.
2023 C3 Aircross Rip Curl 1.2l

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

No, it's a safety feature and cant be disabled short of what you are doing. I just disable it, as I have the same issue on country roads here with no such thing as tarmac and what white lines we have were painted by a 2 year old about 100 years ago.
mikemc

Post by mikemc »

Will have to stick with the system that I now have.
Have rigged up a lever that keeps the switch pushed in all the time, so that every time that I start the car I don't have to fiddle for the switch.
A coluple of times previously I had more of an issue trying to find the switch and hold it in while driving. More of a chance for an accident there than me going over white lines!
2023 C3 Aircross Rip Curl 1.2l