welt timing belt damage.c3 aircross 2019petrol

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
migmig

Post by migmig »

hi,guys,people from forum,

All the owners of Citroen, have to be careful, about the welt timing belt. Iam have a big problem, on my car, with this issue. The motor oil corroded the belt, some debris go inside the oil pump,and get stuck.my car is a c3 AIR cross 2019 petrol 110hp.very luck.... put a new timing belt kit,clening inside and done!!the Mecannic said was a not approval oil, but not sure.
see always a good oil. The fix was about £1000 quid....
many thanks,
LUIS.

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes, it's well-documented on many forums inclusing this one.

Correct oil grade and correct replacement of the timing belt at the 60k mile minimum limit is essential as per the servicing recommendations for your vehicle.

Recommendations for warranty are ANNUAL servicing regardless of mileage, as on these Citroen check the condition of the belt as part of the operation on these engines. If you choose to have your vehicle serviced at a non-dealer garage you take a risk as they won't always know the special requirements or checks.
Last edited by Juan Sheet on Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Had my C3 in for MOT and service this week at ~53000 miles. Had the belt checked (all fine) and confirmed that the original belt change is slightly longer than above at 64k mile. It would be wise to ft a genuine Citroen replacement belt as some replacements may be poor quality, and it is vital to use the correct oil and to have the car serviced on time and within the service mileage.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

They can vary slightly, but initial belt changes for many of these 1.2 EB2 engines are about 62.5k miles.

My concerns are that there are a lot of people that don't have their cars dealer-maintained after the warranty period, so for low annual mileage vehicles, they may not get the checks done in year 4 onwards, nor annual servicing which can lead to warranty periods where some items like this may be covered outside the 3 year warranty.
Berapotter

Post by Berapotter »

The puretech engine as originally used was supposed to be 125,000 service or 10 years and 0W-20 oil
Now PSA/ Stallantis have had such a hard time over it they have reduced it across the board to 65,000 miles or 6 years and it has to be serviced annually , if not your on your own!
For your own sanity make sure it's changed. they still recommend 0W-20 for post 2018 engines but have gone to 5W-30 for pre 2018. go figure.
In my time with Citroen services I have had 3 offical makes of oil. so check the grade and change regularly.
C4 Cactus flair 145 (stage 1) s/s, C3 Aircross flair 130 s/s, SLK350, Benelli leoncino 500
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Actually, there are some engine variations of the EB2 that still have the longer timing belt replacement listed officially on the service - I've checked this recently. So it is important to know which exact engine we are talking about as it can vary.

And as for oil grade, that again has been recently changed from January 2024.....