Rain sensor sensitivity

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
nemomarek

Post by nemomarek »

Hello everyone. I have a technical question about the 2019 C5 Aircross, I have the wiper switch in automatic mode but the wipers turn on too often compared to the intensity of rainfall. And for this reason I am looking for advice if it is possible to change the sensitivity of the rain sensor to reduce it a bit his reactions.Maybe someone knows something about this.I would be grateful for information.Thanks.

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

No not possible, these are programmed into the sensors at factory.

There are 2 issues that can impact on the correct operation of the wiper speed:

1) A dirty, greasy windscreen.
2) Any sort of water dispersal product like Rain-X, which has been applied. This can cause the water to run away and where it runs over the sensor, it can affect how the wiper sensor interprets the rain intensity, making it wipe faster.

I suggest you give your windscreen a really good clean with some glass cleaner and see if it improves, and don't forget to PARK you wipers before lifting them away from the windscreen to avoid scratching the bonnet edge. Then give the bottoms of the wiper rubber a gentle clean with the same glass cleaner.
nemomarek

Post by nemomarek »

Thank you for such a comprehensive answer. I will test the solution you suggested today.