C3 Aircross wind noise

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Sergio459

Post by Sergio459 »

Hi
New owner of a 2019 23k Flair, love it but the door seals seem very soft and there's a lot of wind noise, even at low speed.

Sounds as if a door or window isn't shut properly but they are.

Is this a common fault and what is the recommended fix please.

And no its not just because of the storms :)

Many thanks

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Just check the weather seal strips along around the door frames to make sure there are no gaps or it hasn't become trapped and out of shape anywhere.
Telfer. STR

Post by Telfer. STR »

This will be of no help to you as such, but though I would confirm that ours at any rate, is very quiet regarding wind noise and noise in general. I find it quieter than our than our previous C3 Picasso, which was scored well, and being reasonably quiet regarding overall noise in general. Hope you find the cause of the problem soon.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Mine is quite noisy at speed. Road noise, not wind noise. ☹️
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Mine has no wind noise at speed.

@the2ems: road noise can also be from the tyres, check out your tyre's noise rating. Some tread patterns are a lot more noisier than others. Also the rear wheel bearings can be another source - but these at least are a lot easier to deal with as they are part of the rear disc assembly, so the rear discs contain the Hub bearings and ABS ring within them, so they get renewed with the disc replacement.
Sergio459

Post by Sergio459 »

Can someone post a picture please of their door seals for me to compare with ours