Issues with turbo / reduced engine power

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
SMC523

Post by SMC523 »

Hi everyone,

I have a 1.2 PureTech Flair Aircross (2019), which has done just over 33,000 miles. The turbo recently went on my C5 and I had it replaced last Monday. However, although it's now driveable, it still lacks power and acceleration speed. It's already gone back into the garage and they investigated and ran various tests but nothing was showing up and they were a bit perplexed. They made a few adjustments and said see how you get on! It's still right so I've booked it back in. Does anyone have suggestions for what might still be causing the reduced power issue?

Shawn

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

The turbo has to be initialised and a learning procedure is required after replacement. If this was done at Citroen they would know about this - if it wasn't then maybe that's your problem...
SMC523

Post by SMC523 »

Thank you for your reply, Juan. When you say 'learning procedure', what do you mean by that?
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

These are generally handled by the Citroen diagnostic tool, and the Diagbox software to initialise the turbo and undertake any learning procedure. I can’t advise further as the procedures are usually guided from within the diagnostic software.
Last edited by Juan Sheet on Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SMC523

Post by SMC523 »

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.