C3 Aircross - Shine 1.5D - Random Bleeping

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

How is the lane departure warning a waste of time. It’s there to warn you if you are wandering out of lane, possibly causing a collision. If you are intending to move out of lane, then using the indicators will prevent the lane departure warning from operating.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic

stockman

Post by stockman »

I did write 'in my opinion'.
I've been driving for over 40 years and don't need some electrical 'gimmick' to alert Me of what I'm doing.
All these electrical items fail - We all rely on them and when they fail get upset because they didn't work.
Again 'just my opinion'.
Thanks. Paul
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Driving for over 40 years. Good for you. I’ve been driving for 56 years come the 29th of this month. It doesn’t make either of us a better driver than the other. Surely the lane departure warning is in case you drift out of lane without being aware? Maybe you’re a little drowsy, or talking to a passenger. None of us are infallible.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
stockman

Post by stockman »

Correct.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

It's normal - ignore it.

Glow plugs are only used on HDi engines in very cold starting, and can also be used (when determined by the engine ECU) in post -heating as part of the regeneration of the particle filter if required, to help increase exhaust gas temperature more quickly.

I rarely see my glow plug light on at all.

Older diesels (non HDI) even back int he 80s used the glow plugs all the time as the engines were not high pressure common rail like they are today.
Last edited by Juan Sheet on Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stockman

Post by stockman »

Thanks for your help Juan.
Very helpful.
Thanks. Paul