My Citroen app - erroneous journeys

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
baconroll

Post by baconroll »

Hi. Over the last 3 weeks my Citroen app has been displaying journeys that I haven't done. Sometimes miles away in other towns that I've never visited. Also, it never gets my parking location correct I have to always manually set it. I have cleared the cache and disconnected Bluetooth and reconnected but no change. Any suggestions please?
C5 Aircross Flair, Cumulus Grey, PHEV

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Not much help, but seriously, the App is pretty much fraught with problems and more than that, worrying if it is displaying somebody else's data! Makes me wonder who's got your journey history.....
baconroll

Post by baconroll »

Thanks Juan. Yes, it is pretty useless. Not sure why it is doing it. I think I will delete the app and start from scratch again. Not ideal as I'll lose all of my stats but can't think of another solution. I've posted to the developer several times but get no response. I'll post back if it resolved the issue.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

May be worth looking at the Waze App that can store historical journeys.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Juan Sheet wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:57 am May be worth looking at the Waze App that can store historical journeys.
I use Waze, but I didn’t know it could store journeys :?:
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

there is another solution, DITCH IT. It is more trouble than it's worth as you are begining to realise.
2022 Citroën C3 Aircross SUV
Shine Plus • PureTech 130 S&S Automatic in Khaki Grey.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

the2ems wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:10 pm
Juan Sheet wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:57 am May be worth looking at the Waze App that can store historical journeys.
I'm no expert on Waze as I have only just started dipping into the App, but there are 2 areas I'm aware of for the IOS App:

1) Under Settings, go to Privacy Settings, scroll down until you see Drive History to view or delete your drive history. There's also another option there called Recent Locations.
2) Use the Web to link your Waze account and when you log in I think you get more options for history there.

A bit more about this here:

https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 20of%20use.
srperry

Post by srperry »

The latest version of MyCitroen app, at least on Android, appears to be behaving much better, and since the last update has actually recorded every trip - sometimes at the next startup...

Also, if you do uninstall to reinstall, save the trips record beforehand so that you can reload them once reinstalled.
Last edited by srperry on Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Juan Sheet wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:52 pm
the2ems wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:10 pm
I'm no expert on Waze as I have only just started dipping into the App, but there are 2 areas I'm aware of for the IOS App:

1) Under Settings, go to Privacy Settings, scroll down until you see Drive History to view or delete your drive history. There's also another option there called Recent Locations.
2) Use the Web to link your Waze account and when you log in I think you get more options for history there.

A bit more about this here:

https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 20of%20use.
Thanks for that. The drive history doesn’t really give you much, and it deletes after 90 days.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
baconroll

Post by baconroll »

I have emailed the developers twice and received no reply from them. It's still recording journeys 60 odd miles from where I live. I deleted the app completely and set it up from scratch but still no solution. I guess the developers don't care about their app.