C3 Aircross 2018 MPG readout

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Retiree

Post by Retiree »

Hello from a new reader. My C3 Aircross 2018 only shows its lifelong MPG as 41.7., for three years. Is this normal? It was 35 mpg when I bought it second hand three years ago. Or is it another Citroen idyosyncracies with the electrics?

srperry

Post by srperry »

I think it shows that you're less 'lead-footed' than the previous owner... That mpg seems ok to me - it's about what I get...
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

You didn't specify Petrol or diesel and what engine power you have - so how any of us can provide you with a comparison is unrealistic if not a like for like engine, and driving characteristics / location aside.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

What do you mean by 'lifelong fuel consumtion'? If it is similar to our C3, the only consumption figures you can get are on the little central screen.These are the figure since reset (press and hold the button on the end of the wiper stalk) and the instantaneous consumption (accessed by rotating the scroll wheel on the left of the steering wheel).
Retiree

Post by Retiree »

Thank you all for replying. To confirm - the car is a C3 Aircross Flair Puretec S/S Petrol 1200cc. Sept 2018 registration. My query is the mpg should be at least 10mpg higher than shown. Has anyone got readings higher than this.
srperry

Post by srperry »

Retiree wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:03 am Thank you all for replying. To confirm - the car is a C3 Aircross Flair Puretec S/S Petrol 1200cc. Sept 2018 registration. My query is the mpg should be at least 10mpg higher than shown. Has anyone got readings higher than this.
I'm not sure why you think the MPG should be 10MPG higher than it is, after all, it's a petrol engine not a diesel. Two cars ago I had a Cactus Flair 110 Puretech, and got around 42MPG on average. The figure you are achieving seems OK to me.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Retiree wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:03 am Thank you all for replying. To confirm - the car is a C3 Aircross Flair Puretec S/S Petrol 1200cc. Sept 2018 registration. My query is the mpg should be at least 10mpg higher than shown. Has anyone got readings higher than this.
That really does not help at all there are at least 3 variants of this 1.2 engine: 80, 110 and 130 BHP versions - so you are obviously going to get wildly different MPG depending on the version you have. Otherwise you are comparing apples and pears. If you don't know, then provide your VIN and I'll advise, as all the answers will be irrelevant until we know this....