C3 Aircross stop/start not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
ClovenDave

Post by ClovenDave »

Car is a 21plate C3 Aircross. Stop/start worked fine for a while but now when I stop, the green icon flashes two or three times but the engine does not stop. No other starting issues etc. Any ideas what might be wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.

the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Not enough charge in battery. You will find it works again after a long journey. But not for very long at this time of year. Hot summer days and it will work most of the time.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Once the main battery falls below about 80%, then it won't work until it reaches at least that percentage. I'd really forget about S&S for the Winter as the heater, lighting, A/C for demisting, heated mirrors and screens and the general requirement for electrical consumers will put too much demand on the battery for S&S.

Mine hasn't worked most of the summer - but that's because it may only get used once a week for a 40 mile round trip and a few short journeys to the village on other occasions. SO I expect that and as said, when I go on a longer journey and the battery gets a good charge it'll work once or twice.

The issue of course isn't helped with the constant drain on the battery by some systems when the vehicle is locked and not in use, like the alarm system and internal sensors, the wake-up remote circuit that needs to power the hands free receiver aerials to unlock the vehicle (on hands-free systems) etc.
ClovenDave

Post by ClovenDave »

Thanks for the replies. Fits in with what I had read elsewhere but just wondered if it was possibly a C3 specific issue. Think I’ll Just disable it on the info screen, at least for the winter.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

You would have to disable it for every journey, as it defaults to on automatically each time you turn the engine off. Not really any point in disabling something that isn’t working anyway, IMO
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Exactly - just ignore the system - it's more hassle to disable it each time the ignition is switched on than leaving it alone.
ClovenDave

Post by ClovenDave »

Good advice, thanks again.