Clutch

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Generally when i depress clutch the first time it judders at one point in travel, similar to when a cable is dry, on succesive times its generally ok which is weird.
Attended dealer today they say it could be the spring ? There again not sure if car has a cable clutch or hydraulic.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey

Beanee3

Post by Beanee3 »

Your clutch is hydraulic. The pedal operates the piston in the master cylinder which is mounted on the bulkhead in front of the pedal. The slave cylinder is on the clutch housing and operates the release lever that presses the releases bearing against the fingers on the clutch. There is no adjustment on this system.
The hydraulic fluid is supplied from the common reservoir that is mounted in front of the passenger. The reservoir has two separate sections at the bottom. This ensures that if there is a leak in the brakes the clutch is still supplied and if the clutch system leaks the brakes still work.
Judder could be caused by engine oil on the plate due to crankshaft oil seal failure.
Alex Mac

Post by Alex Mac »

Hello, i agree with Beanee, but also, as it happend in my case, the release bearing ( hydraulic ) is known arround here to fail a lot.