Pitted and Rusted rear discs.

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
sproaty

Post by sproaty »

Torbay C3A,
Yes,
My C5 Aircross 21 reg, rear discs needed doing, at 12000 miles, funny that.
Could not find necessary epb tool, so put it into Citroen, a cost of £435.00 thank you kindly sir.
They needed doing, Brembo fitted by them, and pads of course seems to be a Citroen thing rear discs.
Sproaty.

Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Just had front and rear disc pads changed by small independant garage (£160), they found one pad had seized so was thicker than other 3. Discs appear to be ok mileage 35,000
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
TorbayC3A

Post by TorbayC3A »

sproaty,

Thanks, good to know Citroen dealer fitted Brembo for you. I'll ask my dealer, they can only say no.
2018 C3 Aircross Flair, Petrol, EAT6.
Daveg

Post by Daveg »

Just had my 2nd year service carried out at 10,300 miles and received an advisory that the rear discs were badly scored and that the discs and pads be replaced. They stated that this work would not be covered by the warranty and when I asked if they would, because of the low mileage appeal to Citroen on my behalf they refused and also said that it would be a waste of time me contacting customer service as they would simply state that their warranty did not cover this.
Anyone offer thought on this?
(I note Juan's comments on Brembo parts and a previous note on the fitting of rear brake shields.)
Thanks
Dave
Daveg

Post by Daveg »

Sorry forgot to say that my car is a 2021 C3 Aircross Shine Plus automatic
Dave
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

As You've already probably read my comments - the state of the discs on mine were pitiful (no pun intended).
Still going strong with the Brembo Discs and pads on mine and still in mint condition.

Citroen will not cover these - in common with other manufacturers as they are classified as service wear and tear items - end of. Somebody living in a hot country will no doubt enjoy longer disc life due to the lack of conditions conducive to rust - but someone in the UK or living near the coast will have the added salt and water issues - so expect much reduced life. They can't cover against these sorts of things as it would set a precedent for everyone to be claiming.
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Hi Juan, Could you possibly give me an idea of costs for the Brembo discs and pads, and the RWH bearing, and ABS reluctor ring.
My 2022 rear disc are pitted to buggery with loads of grooves in them yet just like the ones on your pictures. the front are absolutley fine, only done 9000 also my brakes are sticking when coming of our driveway. It's due for it's second service as the spanner light is showing on the dash.
2022 Citroën C3 Aircross SUV
Shine Plus • PureTech 130 S&S Automatic in Khaki Grey.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

No need to worry about the rear hub and the abs rings, as these are incorporated into the rear disc assembly! That makes it a lot less work as it's just a matter of fitting on the new rear hub / disc assembly.

I got my last rear brembo discs from AutoDoc:

brembo rear discs.png

At the time they were £162.99 inc. UK VAT and delivery shipped from Germany. I did get a few % off using the Autodoc App if I recall.

Current listing with prices on Autodoc is here:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/brembo/15251149

The Brembo front discs at Autodoc are £27.84 each inc. VAT, Excluding delivery.
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/spares-search ... r%5B%5D=65

I think I got the Brembo pads locally as from ECP (please note I only buy non-electrical items from ECP, as they can't screw those up) so can't go wrong with sealed Brembo brake pads and from local factors - whoever has the best deal on.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Had my c3 aircross serviced today i had new pads fitted all round last year and discs were ok today citroen stated they would change all disc pads for £660 even though they got 9 to 11 mm on them ?.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Is that for discs AND pads - not clear from what you've said and what does that measurement apply to the pads or the discs?