Broken Rear Tail Light Casing - How to remove and replace?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
dbizal

Post by dbizal »

So as per the title says, I've just reversed in to my bay Window ledge and have cracked the shell of my left rear tail light.

I've tried to search online about how I can remove the light and replace it myself however I cannot seem to find out how I can actually remove it?

Should I just let a professional do this or is it something I can do myself quite easily? Also... How do I do it? lol.

C3 Aircross 2019.

Thank you in advance.

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Open the tailgate
Look at the black plastic surrounding the rear lamp. You will see 2 teardrop plastic pieces, gently unclip these starting at the large top end using a trim removal tool or flat head screwdriver.

C3 AC rear lamp a.PNG

Once these are removed you can see the fixings that unscrew.

C3 AC rear lamp b.PNG

Inside the boot, you'll need to open the side storage area for the lamp you want to remove and unclip the electrical connector.
Then the whole lamp cluster can be pushed out from inside the storage area outwards.

C3 AC rear lamp c.PNG

dbizal

Post by dbizal »

You legend, thank you so much.

Just had a look and it seems simple enough, just need to find the correct replacement tail light now.

Thank you again.
sppetro

Post by sppetro »

I've just done it, but the new casing has some wiggle room. it is like that little pimple does not catch on (the 3rd thing that holds in place, other than 2 screws). Now, you are not able to tell at all if you dont pull that side away, and it only moves about centimeter or two, but it is still annoying. It looks like that 3rd pimple is supposed to catch on, but the whole it goes into is too big? The old casting was hard to remove, so did I lose a part there, or break something off, or what?