Updated Nav screen now horrible yellow colour!

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
ptang

Post by ptang »

Hi all,

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Recently got a ex-mobility 69 plated C5 aircross and love it. First thing I did was to upgrade the software and maps. This went really smoothly thanks to the advice I read here.

So I'm now running 44.07.05.22_NAC-r0 and maps 14.0.0 - but the SatNav maps seem to have this horrible yellow colour not matter what I try to do: Day, Night or Auto.

Image.jpeg

What am I missing or do I just have to live with it?

Thanks in advance.

'tang.

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I've not seen this one before.

When you were updating the system, did you have the vehicle engine running all the time? Failure to do this and the vehicle going into economy mode will corrupt the data and can leave problems.

The only other thing that comes immediately to mind is if the cable to the touchscreen from the concealed Head Unit is loose.

I'm assuming you have switched the vehicle off for some time and then re-checked and the screen is still the same?
Is this happening anywhere else or just on the maps?

Might be worth checking you map file download and installing it again in case the download is corrupt.
ptang

Post by ptang »

Yeah, had me a bit baffled too.

I had the engine running the whole time (doing my bit for global warming) and it completed with no issues.

It's been like this since the upgrade a week or so ago and the car's been doing the schools runs, parent visits etc.

It's just happening with the maps; all other menus, screens, even the top and bottom bars in the maps, are exactly the same colour as before. Just the map itself has decided to use yellow for the background!

I'll try to reload 14.0.0 and see if that makes any difference - probably not tonight as sitting in the car for an hour isn't fun.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

This has been reported on a Facebook Peugeot 3008 group recently too.

FB_IMG_1689622073281.jpg

C5 Aircross Flair 1.5 130 Blue HDi EAT8 Pearl White.
ptang

Post by ptang »

Good pointer - someone has said its the ULEZ zone on the updated map! Would make some sense as I'm just inside the zone on the Kent border.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/threads/y ... st-2403972
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Ha! Well sussed Deeps. Being legions away from Khan and his ULEZ money grabbing cronies, I wouldn't have twigged that it's the system trying to be clever!
peter m

Post by peter m »

Make sure in settings, alerts, the low emission zone box is not ticked it may be this.
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.
ptang

Post by ptang »

I had a shufty in settings and that option is off. I have an idea that the yellow fill is an area based POI that has no enable/disable option yet - it sometimes flickers in an out in places.

I recently drove to Otford and can confirm the colour is related to the not-yet-implemented ULEZ...
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

Thanks for the detective work, I had this when in Dundee today. The LEZ is about to happen there starting June 2024..
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.