C5 Aircross parking brake alarm

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
2004cjh

Post by 2004cjh »

I have a 2021 C5 Aircross petrol manual. I disabled the automatic parking brake so that it doesn't come on when I turn the engine off & leave it in gear. However every time I open the door an alarm sounds presumably to warn me that the hand brake is off. Can I disable this alarm.

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Can't think why you'd not want to apply the handbrake, but the answer is no for obvious safety reasons - of which one would be in case a passenger knocked the vehicle out of gear....

An American actor was killed by his own vehicle when it pinned him up against a wall after he did something similar....
DACS

Post by DACS »

According to the Highway Code "you MUST apply the handbrake before leaving the vehicle".
2004cjh

Post by 2004cjh »

thanks for the less than helpful replies. In the handbook it says" in some situations, for example when it is extremely cold or during towing (caravan, breakdown), it may be necessary to deactivate automatic operation of the system." This is what I've done to avoid it sticking in cold weather. Its only off when I am at home & the car is left for a few days. Thats why I wanted to turn off the alarm.
DACS

Post by DACS »

I am sorry if you consider advising you that you may be breaking the law is unhelpful. I shall leave you to your own, misguided efforts and not try to help you any more. As a new poster on this forum you are off to a flying start!
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Sorry it's not the answer you wanted to hear, but I answered your question in my reply, so can't see how that was less than helpful.
2004cjh wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:53 pm thanks for the less than helpful replies......
Juan Sheet wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:23 pm .... but the answer is no for obvious safety reasons