Tyre Pressures Monitoring

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Tasha2512

Post by Tasha2512 »

I am pulling my hair out.
I picked up a car yesterday…of course, dealer isn’t very helpful now. It’s a 2021 Citroen C3 Aircross Shine
After driving for an hour yesterday tyre warning light came on, telling that all 4 were under inflated - I pulled over, checked, they were on 48 psi! I reduced them down to 33 psi and went about my business.

Later on, another hour…the same light came on. They’re still on 33!

Today, figured I would let the car settle overnight and hoping it wasn’t like my Vauxhall that was pressure / temperature sensitive…I got to the car and decided to play around with the touchscreen diagnostic option. It times and I get nothing. But the light on the dashboard is still there.

I understand it uses indirect TPMS…any idea what it needs to work properly?

IMG_8481.jpeg

C-3PO

Post by C-3PO »

Hi Tasha there will be an option in the screen to reset the tps monitoring it will ask have you reset the tyre pressures click yes then it will let you reset monitoring..
C3 Aircross shine plus 22 white black roof 130 eat...
Tasha2512

Post by Tasha2512 »

C-3PO wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:24 pm Hi Tasha there will be an option in the screen to reset the tps monitoring it will ask have you reset the tyre pressures click yes then it will let you reset monitoring..
I have…first time, when it was on 48psi…but it came up again, after i deflated them down to 33psi. Then it came up again even though they’re still on 33psi.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

So you have reset the system twice? If not you need to do it each time your change the pressures in the tyres.
DACS

Post by DACS »

The TPMS system works by comparing the rotation speed of the wheels and if it detects a significant difference between them it will assume a tyre has low pressure. If htere is a problem with the wheel spped sensors, which are part of the ABS system, then it ca give a false warning ofr tyre pressure. You may need to push the dealer to check this out fi resetting the TPMS system still does not work. The fact that the car was supplied to you with tyres at 48 psi does not insire confidence in your dealer.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

There's a self-check on this. If there was an issue with the wheel speed sensors it will flag an ESP dashboard warning.

I suspect it's a matter of the reset not carried out at the correct tyre or within the allowed tolerance of pressures.