1.5 BlueHDi engine timing chain information.

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
victorursu@gmail.com

Post by victorursu@gmail.com »

A friend of mine has a 2019 C5 Aircross with the VIN: VR7ACYHZJKL128663. Is it the same 7 mm chain? Is he affected?

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Recalls will relate to a specific range of models based on the exact model, variation and the build date, so as seen above, it does not affect non Four Wheel Drive versions of the Hybrid vehicles. As far as I can see there were just over 450 vehicles affected.

So not everyone will receive a notification. If you are affected, then as long as Citroen have your details they should contact you. The problem happens when people don't have their vehicles serviced at the dealership, and move on - Citroen therefore can't contact them. You would need to have a national monitoring system in Romania for vehicle recalls, which I obviously can't comment on as I don't know.

In the UK, all our vehicles have a registration document, linked to the legal owner. If there are any safety recalls, owner's can be contacted.
victorursu@gmail.com

Ok, you are very helpful, and i aprreciate yiur effort and time. Can u please check the other vin i sent in the previous post? VR7ACYHZJKL128663. Thanks a lot!
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes, this also has the 7mm Camshaft Chain
Tom308

Post by Tom308 »

Hello,
I have a car Peugeot 308 1.5 130 blueHDI , producted on the 10th March 2019, VIN VF3LCYHZPJS414599. I have a question: what is the timing chain for this car? 7mm or 8mm?
Thanks
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

You have a 7MM Cam Chain. 8MM ones are only supplied as part of the repair once the issue is confirmed.
Suffolk

Post by Suffolk »

@Juan Sheet I was considering a C5 aircross after being a C4GP for over 4 vehicles and 15 years as a taxi driver now retired , but after reading all the posts concerning the 1.5hdi I shied away but was then drawn back by a well priced DS7 using the 1.5 as its power source. As a newbie I cannot message you so have included my vin and would request any info on this damn cam chain and what I might undertake to maintain the engine in good nick.

Any help much appreciated

Vin:- VR1JCYHZRKY094265
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Hi, no need to worry, you have the 8mm pack by default on this vehicle.
Suffolk

Post by Suffolk »

Thank you, put my mind at rest.
victorursu@gmail.com

Hello dear friend, thank you again for this valuable information and for your time. I was to citroen today and they confirmed the problem. But they said that after 150.000 km they don't repair the issue. The owner has to repair on its own expense. I was wondering, could i just replace the actual 7mm chain that got loose, with a new 7mm one? So i dont have to change the other parts? If i can manage to find a new 7mm one, do u think its a good idea?