C3 Aircross usb port loose and thus CarPlay cuts out

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

That's the way it works on PHPBB Forum software, it's not the same as normal email systems. The messages stay in your Outbox until the recipient has read them. When they have been read, they go into your sent folder, that way you know they have been seen.

However, I've had issues logging in here today and I'm also not getting any notifications all of a sudden, so I think may be they have updated the Forum software and this has caused some glitches.

Anyway back to the issue, Citroen do not sell the USB cable separately and it is not shown as a spare part. However you can purchase these online:

usb.PNG

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304286372213

The one show here not only includes the cable from the back of the unit to the socket, but also a second USB, that you can route somewhere and connect a USB memory stick with all your MP3 music files on - therefore giving you 2 Ports.

I have done this mod myself and have a the second USB socket in the glovebox, which is where I plug in my USB and play my music. This leaves the main USB socket for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

Of course, you can opt not to use the second cable and just use the other one to replace the one with issues. Obviously I can't comment on this particular cable or the fitting as I used a different supplier at the time I did my mod.