Reverse Gear Warning Beep Volume (EAT6)

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
ozborn

Post by ozborn »

Hello all
I have a '22 reg C3 Aircross with EAT6. Does anyone know how (or if) the reverse gear selection warning beep volume can be increased please? I can hear it but would prefer it to be louder so it can be more easily heard.
I am new to the forum and apologise if this has been previously covered.
Thank you.
jay
C3 Aircross 1.2 PureTech 130 EAT6 Shine Plus White - 2022
Sight & Sound Pack
Park Assist Pack w/ Blind Spot monitoring

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

When they are actually beeping try turning the radio volume knob down. This works when sat nav voice and phone voice are speaking. Might work for you.
I can't try it as my new 2023 C3 Aircross Shine Plus DOESN'T HAVE parking sensors.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I think the title of the thread would of been better named to 'Parking Assistance Volume', as it sounds like you were referring to a beep when engaging reverse on the automatic gearbox - which means a malfunction accompanied by a warning...

Assuming you are talking about the parking assistance beep volume, it is designed to increase in volume the nearer you get to an obstacle and also from the relevant car speaker nearest the obstacle. Adjusting the audio volume when the beeps are sounding off won't increase the volume and checking through the BSI configuration, there's no setting relating to the volume that I can see.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Cheers for your useful input Juan
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

Replying to Ozborns original thread as just seen this.
Both on our first and current C3 Aircross there is a distinctive 'bleep' when gear selector goes from either neutral or park into reverse.

I was told by Citroën that it's supposed to do this as it indicates you have selected reverse and yes indeed it's not very loud especially if the radio is on.
Approx year ago a colleague who had a 2020 model mentioned this to his dealer ( Evans Halshaw) and as I remember when his car came back the Bleep was much louder upon selecting reverse. Dealer did not say at the time what they had done but it was certainly an improvement. My current Dealer (Perrys) said would check to see if this can be done on our car when next in for Service.
Was
2018 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic in Soft Sand.
Now
2022 Facelifted Model C3 Aircross Shine Plus 130 Automatic in Pepper Red, Black roof, Black roof bars & mirrors.