Leak

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

That's the problem because they need to remove the outside window pillar trim to be able to check the angle of the seal as shown (whether this has been already modified or not) and replace any clips as necessary when removing the trim. The book time for the job is only 0.30 hours, so shouldn't take that long to do - if it is coming from there.

I think what they are saying is get a windscreen replaced via car insurance - but that's no good if it is coming in from the outside front pillar trim and seal as I suspect that won't be from the windscreen sealant.

robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

Thanks again.

Say if this issue is the windscreen seal, Would you know how much that fix would cost roughly?

I also wonder, where exactly does the water get in, if it’s due to the windscreen issue?
2019 C5 Aircross 2.0 Diesel Flair Plus
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

The windscreens are 'bonded' in place with heavy duty sealant / mastic, so unless it was a very bad job, I can't see how it could be coming from there.
robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

So I’ve been doing a bit of investigating this morning and have removed most of the left hand trim around the windscreen to the roof liner. I can see that there is a big build up of water (looks like lots of droplets!) all on the upper left side of the roof. I can’t fully tell if it’s coming from the sunroof or the top left windscreen! Any thoughts? I’ve attached some photos of the area. The water has obviously been getting in there and then running down the left of the frame and into the passenger footwell.

IMG_9036.jpeg

IMG_9037.jpeg

IMG_9040.jpeg

IMG_9034.jpeg

IMG_9038.jpeg

IMG_9032.jpeg

IMG_9041.jpeg

robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

So further investigation after removing most the headliner, it’s coming from the sunroof!

You can see the drips coming down from the bolt in the photo

I’ve checked the pipe from the drain off, and poured water and it seems to be flowing down. The water does then drip down but not from the pipe but the plastic a little behind it. Still working on figuring out where it’s coming from….

Anyone have any ideas?

IMG_9046.jpeg

IMG_9048.jpeg

robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

Right… think I’ve fixed it. Replaced the seal on the sunroof drain off and seems to have stopped dripping…. Touch wood!
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

It's great that you took these pics, but it's a little hard to see when so close the orientation and exactly what part you are picturing if that makes sense, but as we now have the sunroof in the mix, that can introduce another load of possibilities.

Again, I've checked the technical info and cannot see anything on the C5 Aircross relating to sunroof leaking issues. That's not to say there aren't any of course! But now you have explored the area, what about pouring some water from a jug on specific areas of the roof to try and see the routing and if any gets into those areas?
robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

I’m 99% sure I’ve fixed it now. Lots of water pouring and tracing back where the water was coming in. I finally located the leak at the pipe insert in the sunroof where the water drains off down the windscreen column and down out under the bonnet. The seal on the pipe was faulty causing the water to wash back down a gap between the plastic and the seal causing the leak. I’ve changed out the rubber washer on the pipe for a better one and no more water seems to be getting through from my tests. It helps being the son of a plumber I guess! Thanks for the advice though, touch wood it’s now fixed
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Great, well done.
robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

Well turns out by the large pool of water in the footwell that I haven’t got the leak, I think it’s coming from the top left of the windscreen, so might just get that replaced next!