Leak

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

That's very unusual! Just be mindful that if having this replaced, you may have to have the camera recalibrated. I did on mine and some windscreen replacement companies won't guarantee the work unless it is done at their premises equipped with ADAS calibration equipment. I didn't want to be bothered travelling a 120 round mile trip so declined and said I would have it done at my local dealership as it's unrealistic to travel that distance.

robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

Thanks for the heads up, this car is the gift that keeps on giving!
2019 C5 Aircross 2.0 Diesel Flair Plus
robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

Well from what I can tell it’s not coming from the windscreen directly. I thought possibly the seal around the sunroof, but I’ve spent all day with the headliner off, spraying tons of water at every conceivable point and cannot recreate any water getting in. The only other theory is from somewhere around the top part of the windscreen as there seems to be water around that area and possibly it’s been getting sprayed backwards in heavy wind?
There’s water build up at the two circled areas although a lot of it seems like condensation. I’ve dried it all off and sprayed water at it most the day from every angle but just can’t see any water getting in…. I really am stumped! I’ve re sealed one area I think I might be getting in, but I guess it’s just going to be trial and error until I find it!

IMG_9190.jpeg

IMG_9195.jpeg

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

The sunroof doesn't help as that's always a prime suspect with the seals. I agree - a lot of that on the first picture is condensation from when the vehicle cabin is warmed up so possibly a red herring. This is the worst time of year to investigate because of the wintry / wet conditions making it hard to localise.

Short of eliminating the excess water and condensation to try and find the new source, it's possibly going to take a while.

This may help - Sunroof components:

c5 ac sunroof.PNG

robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

That’s great thanks, do you have the diagram that corresponds to the numbers in the picture?
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Check your PMs Rob.
robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

PM’d you back thanks’
robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

So the leak is back with vengeance only this time I know exactly where and how it’s getting in. The water is getting into the little area beyond where the sunroof drain off is and filling up there somehow (highlighted in red) and where the spring is that serves the bug screen that pops up is a little hole that goes direct into the headliner where the water is running down. I’m guess the main sunroof seal is gone!

IMG_9259.jpeg

IMG_9262.jpeg

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Looks like it - it does seem to be a bit squished in places there...
Duanek

Post by Duanek »

Hi robkenyon, did you get this sorted? Similar issue with our aircross. Found a pool of water sitting exactly where you found it at the bug screen and stumbled across this forum.
Water is the getting into the roof liner area, so when you brake, the water comes forward and out through the control panelnon the roof and right down onto the centre console.

The seals on the leading edges of section 2 of the sunroof (as in Juan Sheets diagram) don't seem the best. I can stick my finger in, so suspect water is going in there then flowing down and gathering at the bug screen.