Water from seatbelt slot

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
chapi72

Post by chapi72 »

Hi,
I started and moved my C5 aircross today and my daughter in the rear complained that water dripped on her leg.
Under closer inspection some water came out of the passenger seatbelt slot in the inner trim. Not a lot but enough to run down.
Is this TSB C2AW0128Q0 or something else?
Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks
----
Current : MY20 C5 Aircross Flair Plus, Black
Cancelled : MY22 C5 Aircross, Hybrid, Eclipse Blue, City Park, Dark Chrome Pack :cry:
Previous: MY16 C4 Grand Picasso Feel
Previous: MY14 C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive +

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

The TSB you reference is only for vehicles with a glass roof and concerns too much clearance between the upper part of the windscreen and the roof arch. So it won't apply if you don't have a glass roof.

There is one similarly referenced (C2AW012QQ0) that concerns water ingress into the passenger compartment at the upper left side of the windscreen. So unless you have this fault and the vehicle has been parked at an angle allowing it to run back into the rear I can't say.

This one concerns too much play between the windscreen pillar trim and the roof finisher trim.
chapi72

Post by chapi72 »

Thanks Juan Sheet

It has only been noticed last night. I do have the Pano-roof but it seems strange coming out of the seatbelt slot!

If it happens again I'll take some photos.
----
Current : MY20 C5 Aircross Flair Plus, Black
Cancelled : MY22 C5 Aircross, Hybrid, Eclipse Blue, City Park, Dark Chrome Pack :cry:
Previous: MY16 C4 Grand Picasso Feel
Previous: MY14 C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive +
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Good idea, as I can only thing it has come from there either as a result of condensation build up, a spillage of some kind from a bottle of water or other liquid from a rear passenger or from condensation from the glass roof that has dripped down. I suspect the latter.
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

On our first C3 Aircross we experienced severe water ingress which first appeared at top left windscreen/ Sunroof area running down into car footwell where the bonnet release is situated ( see pic ) it would also end up in the glove box and completely soaked the fuse box area. After 3 attempts to fix the dealer traced it to the sunroof surround Trim fittings / seals this resulted in a completely new sunroof kit and electric blind being fitted. To note it took long time to find leaks because even soaking the roof and windscreen it only appeared after some time driving and braking you could hear the sloshing noise, apparently it built up and eventually found way into the car. For every ones info one other dealer in the area had 4 cars in at this time with same issues.
The leaks were eventually fixed under warranty and we did have a courtesy car even borrowing the demonstrator for one time ( a month ) while parts were on order. The actual job was horrendous as the complete interior had to be stripped out each time taking 2 men well over 11hrs to do this. Citroën Support told us that as not many C3 Aircross were fitted with the Sunroof option in UK the feedback / resolution took longer to arrive at.
Now onto the C5 , whilst waiting in the dealers reception I talked to to 2 C5 users who both had water ingress in the centre / rear interiors , they mentioned the drivers seat belt slot and rear seat belt being wet occasionally and were having the roof headlining and part of the rear seat sides / floor wet too .Only small droplets at first. Both had the large panoramic sunroofs. Never heard further what their outcomes were and the dealer was not forthcoming either. Maybe this would be worth further investigation to see if it's a known fault?
( Was approx 1 1/2 years ago)
Sorry for the long post :D thought it might be relevant.

Screenshot_20230224-114626_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20230224-114702_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Was
2018 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic in Soft Sand.
Now
2022 Facelifted Model C3 Aircross Shine Plus 130 Automatic in Pepper Red, Black roof, Black roof bars & mirrors.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

It's what put me off getting the panoramic roof on mine.
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

Yes indeed...We were smooth talked into having one and fully loaded spec.
So wanted to sell it had no confidence in the Roof now.
Had an Amazing part exchange on this car from another Citroën dealer apparently he wanted one with top spec. Knew about our Sun roof issues
So no braner really Great p/ex and Really good deal on our New Aircross with this time
NO....SUN ROOF !!!!! :P
Was
Now
2022 Facelifted Model C3 Aircross Shine Plus 130 Automatic in Pepper Red, Black roof, Black roof bars & mirrors.
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

Yes indeed...We were smooth talked into having one and fully loaded spec.
So wanted to sell it had no confidence in the Roof now.
Had an Amazing part exchange on this car from another Citroën dealer apparently he wanted one with top spec. Knew about our Sun roof issues
So no braner really Great p/ex and Really good deal on our New Aircross with this time
NO....SUN ROOF !!!!! :P
Was
Now
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

Opps.....Sorry everyone my todays Senior moment , sent last post in twice !!.. :roll:
Was
Now