C5 Aircross not seeing all music folders

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
gNick

Post by gNick »

After the last software update, the car no longer accepts the trusty old iPod so I have had to move over to a USB stick.

The folders are arranged in Artist - Album order as done by iTunes. This all seems to work fine except that the car can't find any artists with names beginning between R and U.
I have tried re-formatting the drive and I can't see any difference between the folders.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Cheers
Nick

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Have the music files now been converted to MP3 format? If so, try checking the MP3 tags (MP3Tag is a good open source editor). The music files can have their tags corrupted as despite the filename, the system generally uses the metadata in the tag to determine what to display and ordering etc.
gNick

Post by gNick »

The files are all mp3, not sure how such a large amount of metadata, getting on for a thousand files, could have been corrupted but I will have a check.
iTunes recognises the files they we copied from and I have deleted the offending files from the drive and reloaded them without any success.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

So I would check the bit rate of the offending files - as if it's too high the system will ignore them.
gNick

Post by gNick »

Slight delay in getting back, I tried just using some of the files to see if that helped and the files that weren't showing were now visible.
I'm wondering if there's a limit on the number of folders that the system can handle although this would be a bit strange for modern computery things.

Just got a new Aircross , which is doing the same thing but I will do an update and see if that helps.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

You also need to bear in mind that every time the USB stick is inserted into the vehicle it rebuilds the playlists. This can take time and the more files you have the longer it takes. This is especially so if you a have multi-layered folder structure. Some systems can only read 999 files - but I don't have the specific info on how many files the NAC units can handle at present.