C3 Aircross 1.6 Blue HDI Fuel Consumption/miles per tank

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
niccoy69

Post by niccoy69 »

Hi folks,

Previously owned 2 C4 coupes but back in the Citroen camp albeit only through my partner who I just helped buy a used C3 Aircross 1.6 Blue HDI.

I had a search on here but wasn't finding much if anything in relation to this issue for this variation.

Can anyone who owns this one give us an idea how many miles we can expect between fill ups please. Most of the driving will be motorway and she has a granny's right foot. :D

Reason we asking is the gauge is going down alarmingly quick and is below the half way marker after just under 200 miles which having had diesels in the past, including one of the C4s seems well short of what I would expect.

Thanks and apologies if I have missed anything on the forum that covers this already.

Steve

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

It's because the fuel tank is smaller..... The old C4 diesel had a tank typically around 60 litres, and the C3 Aircross is 45 litres, It's something I noticed straight away come from a large C5.

So you'll fill it up more often, but less cost to fill. One other thing to bear in mind is the MPG calculations are all different now with the Real World Testing as opposed to the older manufacturer stated economy. So the economy will be far less today. Further, as you'll have a DPF and very likely an SCR tank, the vehicle will be tuned to reduce emissions and meet the newer Euro 6 standards.
niccoy69

Post by niccoy69 »

Thanks Juan,

I was trying to make allowances for the smaller tank but take your point.

I can see your model is the slightly smaller engine, how many miles do you get roughly?

Are you saying the Parkers site which I filtered specifically to the exact engine variant we have, which claims over 650 a tank, is completely misleading and not even useful as a guide?
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I couldn’t say for sure because obviously I have the different engine to you. But I can tell you I don’t get anything like that out of a tank. My current mpg is approximately 47 mpg. I live in a very rural and hilly area so I know that could be improved on significantly
if I lived on the flat.