C5 Aircross - Diagnostic Tool

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk »

Hello,

I have some experience on VW/Audi diagnostics with VCDS, but I do NOT have any experience with Citroen yet.
I need to maintain a Citroen C5 Aircross (MY2019) and therefore I did some research about Citroen-diagnostics.
I was able to get a lot of information on older cars, but not for later cars like the C5 Aircross.

There is a software called DiagBox/Lexia and a suitable VCI (diagnostic unit) for PSA cars.
For cars with model year 2017 and later it was mentioned:
You can’t access ECU and BSI in cars from 2017 -2023 with the newest software. You need online PSA account for this.
I don't know what this is supposed to mean, because I have no experience.

If I would get a such a Full-Chip VCI and the DiagBox/Lexia software installed:

• Am I able to read and delete fault codes without online-mode/PSA-account?
  • Am I able to do basic maintenance like handbrake-service?

Thank you very much

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

That's a bit of mis-information to be honest....

Diagbox is the proprietary software used for PSA vehicles. The VCI is used with a laptop.

For a C5 Aircross you will need Diagbox V9.**, but be aware that you can only read and clear fault codes and undertake basic maintenance tasks. You will not be able to undertake any ECU configuration, change parameters or code ECUs as all these functions require a valid PSA account to use for which you will need an account and purchase of tokens.
Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk »

@Juan Sheet:
Thank you very much for your answer! - If reading fault codes, clearing fault codes and basic maintenance tasks are working, then it is OK for me and I am happy.

Do you perhaps know, if it is possible to read live data from various sensors too without psa-account?

With live data I mean something like this (Screenshot from VCDS on VAG-car):

VCDS.png

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes, you can do all that. It's one of the reasons why I recommend it as there are lots of pre-defined and user customisable parameter tests you can use for live data readings.
Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk »

@Juan Sheet:
Perfect - Thank you very much for your confirmation!

I am going to get a quality VCI on the next step.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Just be aware that these can be 'fiddly' to setup. You may be offered a standalone install or a virtualised setup and if the latter, then you'll rally need a dedicated laptop with virtualisation capabilities.
Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk »

Yes, I did already read about the complicated and fiddly installation and requirements (32-Bit Windows) of the software.
I haven't had a look on the exact instructions yet, but I am in the IT business since 25 years and I should be able to do it on my own. hopefully :-)