Extended warranty

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

My car 3 year warranty is coming to its end in march, citreon dealership has contacted me to say they will supply price when contacted. :(
Has anyone purchased a aftermarket warranty to compare with the citreon cover.
Thanks
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I have just taken the Citroen extended warranty this month.

I paid £359, but note I also included the optional top level of breakdown cover Citroen Assist Plus with it as it was far less than standalone RAC cover (who actually provide the breakdown for Citroen). So the warranty part was £290 ish or thereabouts. This also includes their MOT test insurance which means if the car fails the MOT for anything like brakes or discs or pads even, they will cover the cost of replacing these parts and labour. It’s about £750 of cover for MOT cover.

Edit:

Just found the options:
Renewal Warranty £299
Renewal Warranty with Assistance £339
Renewal Warranty with Assistance & Assistance Plus £359

The warranty is operated for Citroen by Car Care Plan.

No need to wait for the dealer, just go to:

Citroen Extended Warranty

You can purchase anytime before your manufacturers warranty ends, but not after. I bought mine in December and cover starts on the day after your original warranty ends automatically.

To be honest, I wouldn't go anywhere else having had Citroen warranty in previous years on another Citroen. I had over £7k of work done over the 3 years I took it out for the £810 outlay over 3 years. No hassle with any claims at all. All handled by Citroen dealership.

One time I did question the dealerships opinion about a claim they said wasn’t covered, so I contacted the warranty company direct, and was immediately told it would not be a problem and they would authorise the claim. So can’t complain at all.
robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

Hi

I took out the same warranty when my expired. My local Citroen garage didn’t seem very happy about it as they offered their own! Apparently it’s not run by Citroen the one we have and they may not cover everything…. So they tried to tell me. But I couldn’t afford their warranty that could only be used in their garage!

It’s in the shop today for a major service and MOT so we will see how it holds up!
2019 C5 Aircross 2.0 Diesel Flair Plus
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

No need to buy at the garage. Buy on=line, then take it to the garage as fait-a-compli. (hope I spelled that right)
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes I did mine online too - simple to do.
robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

Juan

I think I have the same warranty as you, the Citroen extended warranty. I need to have my door locks looked at as they are playing up (again!) do you know if this warranty covers diagnostics costs? As it’s £100 to have the diagnostics done at my local Citroen garage
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

robkenyon wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:58 pm Juan

I think I have the same warranty as you, the Citroen extended warranty. I need to have my door locks looked at as they are playing up (again!) do you know if this warranty covers diagnostics costs? As it’s £100 to have the diagnostics done at my local Citroen garage
I think they may charge you if they do diagnostics but find nothing. Should be covered by the warranty if there is a warranty issue.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Hi, so whether they cover the diagnostics depends - for example here's what the warranty does not cover:
Excessive or unreasonable diagnostic time or any diagnostic time which doesn’t result in a valid claim (reasonable diagnostic costs for valid claims will be covered).
This is to stop people bringing their cars in for silly little things. So in other words they will cover the reasonable diagnostic costs for things that result in valid claims.

So in your case, if your car was not locking properly, like the hands free system was faulty, then they wouldn't charge you for that as it's obviously faulty, even if they diagnosed it to confirm the specific issue.
robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

Thanks, that’s good to know!
robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

So.... here is my experience with the Citroen Extended Warranty!

A couple of weeks ago I started having problems with my 2019 C5 Aircross 2.0 Diesel Falir plus. I was having issues with the door locks and the doors saying they were open when driving when they weren't. I had this exact issue two years ago and the locks were replaced under the manufacturer's warranty. My warranty then expired and I took out the Citroen Extended Warranty they advertise on the Citroen website.

Today I took my car in for diagnostics at my local Citroen garage (at the sum of £125) which I am told is a fixed price across all Citroen dealers and they diagnosed faults B173A00 and B175C96 resulting in the front driver's door lock that needs replacing. The garage informed me that the warranty was only going to partially cover the costs of the diagnostic and I would have to pay £134 towards the overall £364 bill. I asked why the diagnostics weren't covered to which they said the warranty doesn't always cover them, so I promptly phoned up the Citroen Extended Warranty team to query this. I was then told on the phone by the advisor that reasonable diagnostics costs should be covered, and he could see the claim on my file for the labor and parts, but no claims for diagnostics, so I told him to make a note of this on my claim and I would call back the garage and get them to phone back in a claim for the diagnostics (even though they said they already did...) so I phoned up the garage who said they would phone the warranty people again (like I am piggy in the middle here) and got a call back later on saying that they would cover an extra £40 towards the diagnostics leaving me £100 left to pay! I still didn't understand why they were not covering the whole cost, to which they said they just don't! I double-checked my policy booklet which says 'Excessive or unreasonable diagnostic time or any diagnostic time which doesn’t result in a valid claim (reasonable diagnostic costs for valid claims will be covered)

My argument is my claim is not unreasonable or excessive and has resulted in a valid claim that they are paying, so why are they not covering the full costs of the diagnosis and leaving me £100 out of pocket!? Surely if the warranty is Citroen approved, and is advertised on their website, with fixed prices the warranty team knows what the costs of diagnoses are!?

Anyway, my complaint has gone in and we shall see where it gets me!