Our 2019 c3 Aircross keyless fob?

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
MJJ

Post by MJJ »

Hi,
Happy with our new Aircross.
It's our first car with a keyless fob ..quick question. If you leave your keys in the car does the car lock? If so then what?

Just trying to think of best practice ie leaving keys on your person pickets etc or bag rather than in the car cabin ?

Any tips

peter m

Post by peter m »

No car will not lock if keys left in car. I keep my keys in my pocket.
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Always keep the fob on your person. You can easily get a few of these:

fob.PNG

They are proper leather and very secure. I've had mine for several years now and as good as the day I bought it. I clip it to my front right trouser belt loop and slot the fob into my pocket as extra security.

Also, if you wash the car with a pressure washer, be aware that the car will keep locking and unlocking as the water gets behind the door handles where the sensors are. To stop this temporarily, leave the fob on the car seat whilst washing the vehicle and the proximity sensor will prevent the car from locking.

Nearly forgot the link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002 ... 1802xjhY68
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

It took me a while to realise why mine didn't lock when we were on holiday! It was because I took my spare key with me which my wife kept in her handbag in the boot!
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Classic! :D
MJJ

Post by MJJ »

Juan Sheet wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:42 pm Always keep the fob on your person. You can easily get a few of these:

fob.PNG

They are proper leather and very secure. I've had mine for several years now and as good as the day I bought it. I clip it to my front right trouser belt loop and slot the fob into my pocket as extra security.

Also, if you wash the car with a pressure washer, be aware that the car will keep locking and unlocking as the water gets behind the door handles where the sensors are. To stop this temporarily, leave the fob on the car seat whilst washing the vehicle and the proximity sensor will prevent the car from locking.

Nearly forgot the link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002 ... 1802xjhY68
Thankyou so much ta!!
MJJ

Post by MJJ »

Thankyou so much!