C3 Aircross 2022 - Wireless Carplay?

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

I like the way that in your signature, you describe the colour of your previous car as “Soft Sand” Mine is that colour. But on the V5 it says Beige. :cry:
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic

MartinH

Post by MartinH »

Yup thought would add a bit of 'Flair' excuse the pun !
Boring old V5 yes it was Beige and our new car on V5 is just... Red... so I'm using the Sales brochure descriptions :D . A previous C3 was just Red too but brochure said
Wicked Red .The touch up paint was called 'Lucifier Red'.
Bit scary that :twisted: ... haha!
Was
2018 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic in Soft Sand.
Now
2022 Facelifted Model C3 Aircross Shine Plus 130 Automatic in Pepper Red, Black roof, Black roof bars & mirrors.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

clockworks wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:21 pm I finally got around to borrowing a USB to lightning cable, and tried Carplay. Seems to work fine.
Obviously I had to unplug the USB drive that I use for music.

Is there a simple way of adding another USB port so that I can use the phone and the 16gb USB drive at the same time, or would that just confuse the car?

Failing that, I guess it would be possible to copy all my music to the phone?
Would I have to use iTunes on my iMac to do that? Music files are currently backed up onto a Synergy NAS, not on iTunes.
Yes Wave 2 (and probably the later version for the facelifted models) systems fitted to the C3 Aircross have the capacity to operate a second USB. This way you can have CarPlay and use the other port for USB music.

I have done this myself, as you cannot do this by using a USB hub, because CarPlay takes control of the USB connection management when connected.

See here:

C3 Aircross Wave 2 Second USB Port Upgrade
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

MartinH wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:43 am Yup thought would add a bit of 'Flair' excuse the pun !
Boring old V5 yes it was Beige and our new car on V5 is just... Red... so I'm using the Sales brochure descriptions :D . A previous C3 was just Red too but brochure said
Wicked Red .The touch up paint was called 'Lucifier Red'.
Bit scary that :twisted: ... haha!
Good idea. Think I’ll start doing that :lol:
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
nabi44136

Post by nabi44136 »

As for use, once connected, it's pretty much idiot proof, so you shouldn't have any issues - it just works once you select CarPlay from the menu (Right side middle button). The apps available are restricted by Apple, not the vehicle for safety reasons, but Waze is availablepikashow download
Jasper63

Post by Jasper63 »

Hi i bought a usb 1into 2 adaptor and a wireless dongle to change from wired android auto to wireless it works fine soon as car starts it comes up on head unit the dongle works on Bluetooth . dongle was about 40 pounds on ebay
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

@ Jasper63:

Not for CarPlay it won't! This thread is about CarPlay, not Android Auto and they work completely differently. You cannot use a splitter or hub with iPhone using CarPlay, period.

The reason is Apple devices like the iPhone take over the USB Port management when used with CarPlay, so require exclusive access to the port directly and a hub / splitter will not work.