Does ConnectedCAM record all the time?

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
C5_Ax_11

Post by C5_Ax_11 »

Does the integrated ConnectedCAM record when you are driving all the time or only when it detects a bump?

Say at the end of a drive, no bumps etc, can you download the footage to have a look at it, or will there be nothing there unless you’ve had a bump?

srperry

Post by srperry »

Yes it does, and yes you can. The amount of recording is limited by the size of the memory in the camera, so if it's a long journey you may not get the whole thing; you will get the end, but the beginning may have been recorded over because of limited space.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

You can download via the app, but you can also downoad by connecting to a laptop via usb. The camera acts just like a memory stick or card. This is probably the quickest way of downloading.
C5_Ax_11

Post by C5_Ax_11 »

Great thanks for replies. I just wanted to confirm it recorded all the time.

Doesn’t matter that it records over as long as it’s the bit you want! Great idea though. Might save me fitting my own.

Wish they’d update the app though as on newer phones the icons are half hidden etc.