C3 Aircross Fuel Consumtion

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
liteman

Post by liteman »

I have a 21 plate C3 Aircross which seems to be producing some horrible fuel consumption figures. The majority of my driving is in town and I average between 31 and 35mpg. Last week I did a trip up to the Lake District which was an overall trip of just under 800 miles, of which 560 miles were motorway. The motorway bit was done at an average speed of 60 - 65mph (where the M5 & M6 permitted!) which produced 48mpg, whereas the intervening "touring" bit was 32mpg. Am I being unreasonable in expecting a modern car with only 14,000m on the clock to produce significantly better results than I'm getting?

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

You don't say which fuel, engine or gearbox you have. With either, in good warm weather conditions and driving relatively segately, either should give ~50-55mpg. However, in the really cold conditions over the last couple of weeks, both of our petrol cars have been giving worse consumption by about 5mpg. Around town, you will obviously get less, but it depends on how long the journey is. I only get ~30mpg around town if the journey is 3=4 miles, and if I do a longer run from cold the consumption doesn't reach 40mpg until I've travelled about 12 miles.

I suggest you wait until you you have had the chance to make some warmer (~10 degrees) before you worry too much.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

And in our rural area, with lots of hills, not motorways or flat roads the 1.5 Diesel averages 43 mph.
Mothy

Post by Mothy »

I have a 69 plate 1.2 petrol. I have had the car since new. It has only done 7000 miles as most of my short trips are in my vintage Austin Sevens.
A tankful of fuel rarely gives me more than 40 mpg. Rather disappointing.
My previous Citroen was a 1.6 diesel Cactus. With the same driving style and destinations a tankful of diesel would deliver on average 60 mpg.
I really would have thought that the Aircross 1.2 petrol would have given a better economy.
Roly Alcock, Upton Upon Severn, Citroen C3 Aircross 1.2L Flair 6 Speed, colour coded to match the dog.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

After two years, I’m averaging 37.4 :(
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

I have the 110 1.2 petrol engine but do not monitor my mpg greatly, but one thing i did notice was when i hired a vauxhall crosslander it certainly was more frugal with the lower output 1.2 engine but i was often afraid to overtake it was so underpowered.
Swings and rounderbouts as they say.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

This is for my C3 EAT6 130 2020 AIRCROSS.
Before the cold weather last week my dash readout was reading average of 41mpg. During the cold snap it dropped to 36 mpg. This is on a full tank with the readout zeroed at tank fills.
MyCitron app tells a slightly different story in that the average for last month was 40.7 and this month so far is 39.1 mpg. As others have said wait for the warmer weather, my stop start wasn't working last week, temp showing outside 0C, but with the temp outside 9C today it was working.
The mpg is for suburban driving no long journeys at this time. Except Sunday 11th two journeys 25 miles returned 44.8 when done in 40 mins and 47 when done in 45 mins.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
liteman

Post by liteman »

My apologies for not providing full info about the car and giving you only half the story (sadly, old age does not come alone!). Its a 1.2Petrol Aircross Shine + P-Tech S/S manual.
Average consumption over the 9.5months I've had the car is 37mpg over 5300 miles, with the worst being 32mpg and the best 49mpg. The higher readings were where I have had a fair proportion of motorway driving on those particular fill ups, the normal mpg on a tank is in the low 30s. I tend to try and drive by the "instant consumption" readings on the dash. These readings have been obtained during the full gamut of English weather from scorchingly hot to bl**dy freezing!
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

My 3 year old C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP (12,000miles) manual is averaging between 44 and 46 mpg, which seems pretty good to me! I wonder if the higher BHP and careful driving habits assist in these figures compared with the 110BHP version?
I must admit, I do miss the economy and drivability of my DS3 HDi engine!
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
Sleuthey

Post by Sleuthey »

@liteman

Seems spot on to me given the conditions you outlined.