70/21 C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 USB not recognised

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
abt

Post by abt »

Hi. I recently bought a 70/21 C3 Aircross Flair 1.2. I have downloaded music onto a USB but when I put it in the USB slot, a message displays on the touchscreen saying the USB can not be read. The music can be played when the USB is plugged into a laptop. Would anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong please?

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

What type of music files are they? MP3? and if so, what is the bit rate you have recorded them at?
abt

Post by abt »

The files appear to be WMA files. Do they need to be MP3 files - not got much clue what I'm doing!
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I'd suggest trying with MP3 files as although the system can play WMA, if they are encoded at too high a bit rate, they won't play.

From your manual:
The audio equipment will only play audio files with ".wma", ".aac", ".flac", ".ogg" and ".mp3" file extensions and with a bit rate of between 32 Kbps and 320 Kbps.

It also supports VBR (Variable Bit Rate) mode. No other file types (“.mp4", etc.) can be read.

".wma" files must be of the standard wma 9 type.

The sampling rates supported are 32, 44 and 48 kHz.

So if they are not version 9 WMA files, they will unlikely play.

I'd stick to MP3 or FLAC, but beware lossless FLAC files can be 2 - 3 times the size.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Just a thought... is the USB stick formatted as 'FAT32'? If it's NTFS a PC will read it OK but not the car. If you're not sure how to check, plug it into the PC, right click the icon in Windows Explorer (I think it's called), click Properties and 'File system' will tell you what it is. If it needs reformatting, copy your files off, format it and then copy back again.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
abt

Post by abt »

Thanks all. Hopefully sorted now with your advice!
Sleuthey

Post by Sleuthey »

Im with @JohnB in that disks above a certain size need to be formatted to FAT32 (they do with Samsung TVs anyhow).
srperry

Post by srperry »

It states in the 'How to' pdf for updating your satnav that it must be formatted to FAT32.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience