C3 Aircross service intervals?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Can anyone clarify the service intervals on my C3 Aircross 130BHP petrol manual? I was led to believe that it was 12 months or 12,000 miles?

I bought the vehicle new in 2019 and have so far had 3 annual services, I have only covered 11000 miles, my last full service was in August this year. On the maintenance page on 'My Citroen' app, it says I am due another service in February 2014, which is only 6 months since the last one, though confusingly it says the service is due in "4 years and 3months or 31,999 miles, which makes it 3 months since my last full service! it states (replacement of the brake fluid and replacement of passenger compartment filter}
This is totally confusing, I have sent a message to Citroen and my dealership, but needless to say I've not had any response.
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Hi Chrislo

If you provide me with your VIN (in a private message if you wish) I can advise you of the official servicing and major operations. There are a few flavours of 130, so it is essential to have the VIN to provide correct info to you.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Ok, so under 'Normal' conditions:
  • Servicing (Systematic Ops): Every 16k miles
  • Timing Belt: at 64k miles, then every 128k miles / 12 years. (although personally I wouldn't leave it that long on these engines...)
  • Timing Kit (Tensioners, water pump, belt:) 128k miles (but initial timing belt change must be done at 64k miles as stated above).
  • PH Coolant Check: 80k miles then every 16k miles
  • Plugs: 32k miles / 4 years
  • Ancillary Drive Belt: 64k miles
  • Ancillary Belt Kit (rollers tensioners: 128k (but initial belt at 64k)
  • Air Filter: 32k Miles / 4 years
  • Brake Fluid: Every 2 years regardless of mileage.
  • Cabin Pollen Filter: 16k miles / 2 years
  • Coolant: 112k Miles / 10 years
  • Engine oils Authorised for this engine:
00W20 B71 2010 (C5)
00W30 B71 2312 (C1C2)
EM:00W30 B71 2312

These depending on climate / Country of course.
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Many thanks for that, so the Citroen app on my iPhone is obviously a waste of time!
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I never use it! Too unreliable and I always check updates manually at home anyway and use the trip recorders on the vehicle if I need to, so pretty useless to me.
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

I must agree, though it’s rather annoying that Citroen can’t be bothered to even reply to any queries, I’ve only recently discovered the maintenance link on the app, i won’t bother looking at it again!
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

For some reason it makes it's own mind up on the servicing and doesn't take account of the actual servicing date and mileage I've had in the dealer. Even after I updated it, after a service it kept telling me a service was due.

It has now gone to the great deleted App cemetery in the sky.
Petekd

Post by Petekd »

well I have given up it wont come out using ht first method and the second method I have un done the two bolts but the thing will not come off I can see anywhere to lever it off the car ??. I am afraid to use brute force incase of damaging it so I,m at a loss ??
Jon29

Post by Jon29 »

I have the C3 Aircross 1.2 PureTech 110 Flair - is anyone able to confirm the servicing schedule? Want to know my bargaining position with Citroen re the timing belt issue. Many thanks in advance
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Petekd wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:48 pm well I have given up it wont come out using ht first method and the second method I have un done the two bolts but the thing will not come off I can see anywhere to lever it off the car ??. I am afraid to use brute force incase of damaging it so I,m at a loss ??
We haven't got a clue what you are talking about - have you posted in the wrong place? We are talking about the app here......