connect nav not connecting

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Shrek1969

Post by Shrek1969 »

Connected Navigation _ Make Your Journey Smoother.png

Hiya, got my 72 plate c3 aircross yesterday and once home tried to sort out the connect nav and it wont connect...I managed to connect it to my wi-fi and in the app it says WAITING FOR ASSOCIATION? don't know what that means. I've tried following the steps in the video on Citroens site but after I get to the map menu the last 2 options are missing and obviously I need to click the bottom one....so am I doing something wrong or am I going to have to take it back to the dealer

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

First of all, back to basics. Do you have the SOS and Citroen logo buttons in the roof console near the interior lighting controls? If you do, then you don't need to tether your WiFi from your mobile for the Navigation.

If you can you answer this first, it will save asking a load of unnecessary questions.

Now I'm assuming you do have the above buttons as you have shown the tutorial designed for vehicles with this system. In this case, the connection is automatically made via the vehicle's data connection to the network, so you don't need a wifi connection to your phone.

I assume you have signed up for the connected services agreement at your dealership and that they have activated the service for you. You are then required to sign up for an account on the connected services website, enter you vehicle details and this will provide details of the services that are active and for how long.

We really need to ascertain all this has been done and that the service shows as active before further fault finding. It may just be a delay with the service activation.

The WiFi tethering option is for those vehicles without the SOS / Citroen buttons in the roof console, so that owners can use the WiFi from their smartphones to provide the realtime navigation services.