Touchscreen Update

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
treegy1967

Post by treegy1967 »

Hi , I've had my 2019 C5 Aircross for 2 Days now. Just love it so far :-).
Its saying on the app that I need to update the touchscreen software? Is this ok to do as I don't want to complete this task if it causes any issues?
I've downloaded and have it ready.
Any advice would be most welcome.
Many thanks

srperry

Post by srperry »

It's fine to do - and expected, if you want to stay up to date. Just follow the instructions completely. If you miss the prompt to remove the USB at the completion of the update, it will start the process again, by asking if you wish to continue with the update. Just say no at that point.

If you're updating maps, only select the ones you need - that shortens the time of the updating, which can be up to 50 minutes with the engine running.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
treegy1967

Post by treegy1967 »

Great

Thanks for the info. I’ll give it a go this weekend?
Just a quick question can you drive with it updating?

Thankyou
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I would not recommend this for the system update as it will leave you unable to operate any linked systems via the touchscreen and secondly, if you accidentally switch off the engine whilst updating the firmware, you can brick the system.

I would only ever update maps this way but never the system firmware. My personal preference, despite the inconvenience, expense and legality of running the engine whilst stationary is to do just that.
srperry

Post by srperry »

Agreed, Juan.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience