Android Auto

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Freedombtn

Post by Freedombtn »

I had problem but traced out fault to be cable, now replaced all working.
When radio on in car try this procedure.
1 select phone symbol on touchscreen
2 Then select phone bottom row left side.
3 You should now have android auto on screen select this icon.
4 Ensure android auto is selected on phone.
This should now work, if not check lead and check if legal in youre country as said before on earlier post .
Mine ok in uk

Jay R

Post by Jay R »

It should just pop up when you plug your phone in. I get in, plug the phone in and a pop up comes on the car screen asking if I want Android Auto. I just click yes.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
katurras

Post by katurras »

Hello everyone, thanks for the help.
But I do not see any ICON of Android Auto
Is there no way to activate the Touchscreen?
The Touchscreen version is this: 063A
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Katurras,, As I already said... Android Auto is not available in Portugal. That's why you can't see an icon.
grahams

Post by grahams »

Here is the link to see all countries Andriod Auto is available in (third heading down)
Portugal is not listed.

https://www.android.com/auto/faq/
katurras

Post by katurras »

Hello again,
I do not think that's the case, although Android Auto does not exist in Portugal, there is a C3 Version that has Android Auto in Portugal.
As well as other brands of cars

So my debt, will be Citroen's restraint?
Is specific hardware required?

Thank you,
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

No special hardware needed. You did check your cable by plugging it into a computer and making sure you can transfer files between your phone and the computer yes? Remember, all USB cables charge, not all of them can transfer data.
There is a setting in your phone for USB connection that you can switch between 'Data' and 'Media (MTP)'. Make sure you have this set to Data.

I looked at the Citroen.pl website and they say that it is compatable with Android Auto so if you have it installed on your phone, it should work in the car. Only thing I can think of is either the lead is no good or that you have a setting on your phone that stops it from working.

Does Auto run on your phone when it isn't plugged into your car? It should run Auto when you have it in your hand all by itself. If that works and the lead is good then it's probably a setting in the phone.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Hello,

I have just got a new C3; although this is an Aircross forum, there is a huge commonality between the C3, the C3 Aircross and the C4 Cactus.

I have been using AndroidAuto. . The navigation works well, but I have had issues with it. On the phone I am using (Samsung Galaxy J3) it was working well, but then I had big problems. It would not work with data on and Wifi on. Switching off the Wifi was the simple solution.

Also, there seems to have been discussion on speed limit recognition. Some have suggested scrolling with the left hand whee. On mine the system scrolls by pressing the button on the end of the windscreen wiper stalk. I usually have it set on mpg. If you do scroll through to mph (only displays numbers) I have only seen 30 and 40. When it sees national speed limit it reads ---.