Automatic Braking System Fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Korber

Post by Korber »

JohnB wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:12 pm ... I've also asked them to look into an 'Automatic Braking System Fault' which has popped up around 10 times at random since I've had the car (around 5 months). The warning light doesn't usually stay on after this happens, maybe I should have reported it earlier...
I have the car for 4 months and 'Automatic Braking System Fault' appeared for a couple of times. Both when I applied the handbrake while the car was moving uphill (very slowly) and a car was in front. The warning was extinguished when the handbrake was released and the car moved again.
Please keep us posted if it is something that needs to be reported.
Last edited by Korber on Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C3 aircross 110 BVM6 Shine.

Ensbury

Post by Ensbury »

I,ve had my car for 5 weeks and “Automatic Braking System Fault” has flashed up on the touchscreen several times but only when I stop on a fairly steep incline. It appears to be linked to the “Hill Assist Function” however hill assist is working as it is designed to? The car has been back to the dealers for a diagnostic test, but they couldn’t find anything wrong!
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

Ensbury wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:50 pm I,ve had my car for 5 weeks and “Automatic Braking System Fault” has flashed up on the touchscreen several times but only when I stop on a fairly steep incline. It appears to be linked to the “Hill Assist Function” however hill assist is working as it is designed to? The car has been back to the dealers for a diagnostic test, but they couldn’t find anything wrong!
I have exactly this fault too. Every night as I leave work in High Wycombe I go up a really steep hill and the automatic braking fault pops up. Trouble is I have no idea whether its telling me its a fault at that time or whether its a fault for the rest of my drive until I switch the engine off.

Also I get a blind spot not working fault frequently pop up most notably when its raining and I'm on the motorway, yet the red LED in the mirror seems to carry on working.

Ive not troubled the dealer wit hit yet as I was waiting for the first service to come around and hit him then. Seems like it could be a widespread fault.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

The blind spot thing sounds about right. Makes sense technically that it doesn't work well in the rain on the motorway and they do say that in the manual. I guess therefore keeping the light on all the time reminds you that it's not working well and you should check extra carefully yourself.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
tinah

Post by tinah »

I also have the same fault. When I stop or park whilst ascending a hill, the "Automatic Braking System Fault" warning appears on the dashboard. I have informed the Citroen dealership that other drivers have experienced this fault and they are currently investigating. There seems little point in sending the car back to the dealer if their diagnostic test finds no fault. Just in case the dealer is in any doubt about whether the fault exists, I have taken a video of the fault warning.
Peter 13

Post by Peter 13 »

I have also experienced the same issue, usually when I stop whilst on an incline. Sounds as if they have a software problem which with luck will be sorted soon!
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Now you mention it, I think mine only happens on an uphill incline at low speeds (happened again twice in the last week or so). Will see if they can find anything when it goes in for the recall in a couple of weeks.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Well, the recall went OK a few days ago, they rerouted some wiring I believe. They looked into the automatic braking fault but as with Ensbury they couldn't find anything wrong. They found a generic/vague diagnostic message of some sort but wasn't clear what caused this - they just said to see if it happens again now the diagnostic has been cleared and to to to log the date/time when it does. BTW I also get an occasional warning tone and the blind spot light flashes, but don't think it was raining at the time (never had a problem with this on the previous C4 Picasso)
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
Korber

Post by Korber »

Some more info about this spurious fault, taken from other forums:
As you may know Autobrake does not work when a passenger is seated and his/her seat belt is not fastened, the autobrake warning illuminates in this case and this is normal.
The seat weight sensor which informs the system that a seat is occupied is very sensitive. Dropping a bag, a mobile phone, or just tapping with your hand an empty seat triggers the fault as the seat belt is not fastened.
So, this oversensitive sensor may be the cause,
C3 aircross 110 BVM6 Shine.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I had this on the first day after picking up my C3 Aircross. I ignored it at first hoping it would go away. It didn't. It was almost guaranteed to come up on my sloping drive I contacted the supplying dealer and took it in for diagnostics. He reset something and hoped that was it. It wasn't. I drove home and it came up on my drive. Over the next 3 days I got some one to make a video and I got 3 videos. I went back to dealer to show the videos and they decided to contact Citroen. The next day the dealer phoned me to say that Citroen had a new software for this and could I call in to have it loaded. I did and it hasn't come up since. It's only been a week but in that time I would have expected to see it at least 3 times (parking on drive). Fingers crossed