1.5 BlueHDi engine timing chain information.

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Bibi

Post by Bibi »

Juan Sheet wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:49 am7MM
Ok, i assume the old 1.560 engine is not affected, I'm still researching my next c3 aircross...
Please, I've read Citroen identified the affected engines to be euro 6.3. now I'm a total ignorant, but if the c3 I'd like to buy is euro 6am, or somewhere else they say its a 6d-temp, does it mean it shouldn't be affected?
Thanks...

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

It will be the same as the others - as this is still the DV5 engine (DV5RCF)! So just keep an eye on it. There are the same technical bulletins listed under your vehicle.
John King

Post by John King »

Juan.. could you check for me please? C5 Aircross registered Aug 19.

Vin no : VR7ACYHZJKL060840

Much appreciated
John
Bkod

Post by Bkod »

VR7ACYHZKNL054025

Would you be so kind and check it for me, please?
absfr

Post by absfr »

Hello, my vehicle is C5 Aircross, number 15726, produced on 29.11.2019. My 5-year extended warranty will expire at the end of this year. When I take it to the service, they do not change my chain with 8 mm because there is no problem. What will happen if I have a problem after the warranty expires? Who is responsible? Why are they not making a recall about it? Also, the news on the largus website points out this problem in vehicles after December 2019. Is there any problem in vehicles with 7 mm before December 2019? Who can answer this for sure? Thank you.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

My understanding is that there is some extended warranty to cover this - I can't advise how long though as any intervention and good will gesture will depend on the service history, mileage and age of the vehicle. So again, make sure you have your vehicle serviced annually as a minimum or within the specified mileage limits, as all this will help should anything happen.

There have been very few incidents I am aware of so far, but as you say, Stellantis won't intervene with the replacement kit unless the problem becomes evident.

And for others asking here - all the 1.5 DV engines will be affected, except the most recent vehicles from late 2023 onwards that should have the 8mm chains fitted. So if you have a vehicle older than 2023, please don't ask me as you will have the older 7mm chain on this engine.
Last edited by Juan Sheet on Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bkod

Post by Bkod »

Juan Sheet wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:44 am My understanding is that there is some extended warranty to cover this - I can't advise how long though as any intervention and good will gesture will depend on the service history, mileage and age of the vehicle. So again, make sure you have your vehicle serviced annually as a minimum or within the specified mileage limits, as all this will help should anything happen.

There have been very few incidents I am aware of so far, but as you say, Stellantis won't intervene with the replacement kit unless the problem becomes evident.

And for others asking here - all the 1.5 DV engines will be affected, except the most recent vehicles from late 2023 onwards that should have the 8mm chains fitted. So if you have a vehicle older than 2023, please don't ask me as you will have the older 7mm chain on this engine.
In one of your previous posts you mentioned that affected engines are up to RPO 16793, which is production date 31 October 2022. The car I'm about to collect from dealership was first registered in late November 22, hence my question.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

@Bkod: Just checked for you and yes, 7MM chain.

They are changing the updates all the time, so can change build numbers. There are of course plenty of earlier 1.5 DV vehicles in circulation that would be technically excluded from the particular bulletins, but that doesn't mean to say there won't be the problem - and that is why the technical bulletin still remains under many of these older vehicles with this engine. But if the issue was more prevalent, as opposed to the odd case, we would be hearing a lot more about it to be honest.
fedjaf

Post by fedjaf »

Hello Juan

Can you please check my 2021 DS7 about camshaft chain. My VIN is VR1JCYHZULY046279

Thanks in advance! There is a lot of knowlage in this thread and it helped tremendously :)
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

You have the 8MM Camshaft Pack, so no worries. But I note you also have an outstanding (Since June 2023) 'After Sales' event concerning 'High Urea Pressure Diagnostic Diesel Engines 6.3'

It requires an upload of the modified ECU (Engine Control Unit) calibration.

So I'd contact DS Autos, quote the Ref: JTC and get it booked in. It will be FOC.