Newbie - 2024 mdl C5 Aircross 1.2 Hybrid 136 E-Series

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
de.raps-333

Post by de.raps-333 »

Hi there Everyone

Took eventual delivery of a new 2024 mdl C5 Aircross 1.2 Hybrid 136 E-Series Automatic just before Christmas after an ordering mess up by Citroen with the original model/spec ordered in June 2023 was no longer being available?

I was to be honest not a Hybrid convert and was infact looking to get its Diesel brother but must say that to date I have been pleasantly surprised by the ownership of my first Citroen, my first C5 and first Hybrid!

Initially was unsure as to how the 1.2 litre three cylinder motor with the Electric engine add-on would perform but any doubts were soon expelled and have found the C5 to be one of the best vehicles I have owned in 30yrs.

It eludes an element of class and presence on the road with all its tech that shows it to be a quality item that is deserving of its good looks.

No major issues so far, an initial glitch or two with the tech but that soon settled down by itself and now am looking forward to doing its first Map upgrade by download so fingers crossed with that!

So ttfn..... 8-)

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Just make sure you have it dealer-service every year if you are not doing the miles as this is a requirement of warranty, and more importantly for them to keep a check on the timing belt as these are 'belt in oil' systems, so oil must be changed regularly and be to the exact specifications to reduce the belt breaking up, ultimately leading to oil starvation, brake pressure loss and worst case scenario catastrophic engine failure.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but forewarned is forearmed.
de.raps-333

Post by de.raps-333 »

Luckily my local Dealer is only about 8-10miles away in my local town, so I will keep up on any issues and servicing but appreciate any and all advice here!