Water leak

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Rabpat60

Post by Rabpat60 »

I have a Nov 23 C5 Aircross C series got into car today to go to work when I braked water ran from the SOS switch panel behind rear view mirror all over the touch screen centre consul and switches,I have seen same issue on the 3008 forum no faults appear to have been found by the dealerships any ideas? Thanks

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Do you have a sunroof on your vehicle? If so, the likely candidate is the weather seal. C5 Aircross can suffer with the same issue.
robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

Search for leak on this forum and you’ll see a plethora of information! Mostly from me and Juan and the issues I had from my sunroof
2019 C5 Aircross 2.0 Diesel Flair Plus
Rabpat60

Post by Rabpat60 »

Yes I have a sunroof I have also noticed water coming from bonnet release catch area .
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

As the car only appears 2 months old, you should take it to a dealer.
Butlergraham

Post by Butlergraham »

I have a C5 Aircross 2019 plate and have water pouring in on the passenger side every time it rains, near where the bonnet release is. I understand this is a result of the sunroof, has anyone else suffered with this what does it cost to replace all the rubbers around the sunroof. has anyone had it fixed by the dealers? what did it cost is this not a design fault?
Shareboy

Post by Shareboy »

Hi guys

I'm after buying a c5 aircross 2021 reg. Cleaning it out today and noticed under the rubber foot mat on the passenger left front footwell was badly wet. I see Juan Sheet and Rob Kenyon have posted alot of useful information.
I've contacted the garage from where I purchased and they have it booked in for inspection. I've checked the sunroof drains, all seem to be working and the spring for the bug screen is dry.
I believe it is the windscreen pillar joint.
Will simply cutting trim at 45 degrees solve the problem. Has anyone here had this done and did it solve the leak?
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

It's a dealer intervention to resolve if this is the cause, I wouldn't touch it yourself or you could void any warranty - leave it to them.